Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Kildare Meeting Monasterevin 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm. N7 Service Station

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Since the evenings are getting long, we'll have two meetings a month in Leinster. :cool:

One on the first Wednesday of each month in Stillorgan as normal, and the second two weeks later in Kildare. This will continue until October, if there is interest.

Where? You decide, just make it convient to all.
When? 20th of July.
What Time? 07:30

We'll go for a short drive locally and off for food.

Post if you’re interested. :nicethread:

Last edited:

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Naas?? Shur thats more or less Dublin!!!!LOL I'll get up i'd say Mick.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
what he said, Naas is only 10 mins from Newlands Cross. Make it Kildare town or Athy (!) and I'll stand a better chance of being there

**EDIT** just checked 20th July is out but I'll be up for subsequent months if it's a bit more "Kildare" and a bit less "Dublin" ;) **EDIT**

Last edited:

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
Would anyone be on for a meet in Portlaoise instead of Kildare or would it be too far of a spin for the Dublin lads? Maybe we could get some of the Tipp/Kilkenny lads up aswell as it is central?

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Not knockin your efforts at all Mick, just pointin out its still very close to dublin and if we were to travel at all we might as well go the whole way into the city. Not everywhere is goin to suit everyone but if it was moved a little more south it would catch more members.
Of course i'd love to see it in Portlaoise but i think its a little far from everybody else then. As Trev said though Kildare Town or even Newbridge would be a fair Middle Ground i would have thought?
Ya are spot on though Mick things are quite around here and need a few meets and stuff to liven it up a little, fair to make the effort.

Last edited:

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Great idea Mikey - I'd be on for it and I agree that a little further south would make it handier for midlands members. Portlaoise, Kildare town, Monasterevin or Athy all sound good to me. We could mix it a little and try different places to see which feels best or we could have a poll :)

Anyway, count me in.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Plenty of eateries in Newbridge. Not many in Monasterevin. Maybe switch it up every few months/weeks. If we could catch some of the more south-eastern members I'd be up for going to a meet in Kilkenny or Carlow or something...

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Are we goin to set a location or is it still early days? I need a date to finish the car so this suits me perfect. Is it a case that someone just calls a place and we run with it? I think it should be a little bit south of newbridge anyway after that a don't give a shit, not goin to be greedy and say portlaoise!:p

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
Portlaoise would suit me , as regards Kilkenny Trev , myself and Rez tried organising a meet a while back , we were the only 2 that showed up , went to Waterford and tramore , not much interest there either ,

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Portlaoise is cool with me, and maybe on to Newbridge for food or something. I agree about getting somewhere more southern Kildare.
Just like to get something rolling lads, and we have :D

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I'd be happy enough to travel as far as Portlaoise the odd time too. But yeah, put it to a vote and see. Then in the same way as we've done with the Dublin meet, stick to that location as a meeting point.