Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Jumpstart 2015

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
HI Lads, only a few day to go before the tickets to Christy Moore are given away,
please help spread the word by sharing the post on the Jumpstart page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/events/773030292792051/

Mikey has really helped us out (y) and we will have a raffle on the day,

prizes include:

2 tickets to see Status Quo live in the Marquee in Cork on the 12th July 2015

2 Audience Tickets for the Late Late Show

All money raised on the day will go to http://tlc4cf.com/

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Me on the Friday night, need to leave about 1 on the Saturday though, might have a few bodies with me though, I let u know, when u planning on going up?

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Fuck, loughmore wont know what hit it on friday nite if we all arrive. Still really hoping to get out for the friday nite!

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Fuck, loughmore wont know what hit it on friday nite if we all arrive. Still really hoping to get out for the friday nite!

Not if, when we all arrive, surely te jesus you have worked up enough brownie points by now, Congrats on the new babba duts too.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
fuck this, I'm gonna hit Loughmore on the Wednesday and get a headstart on the Jumpstart...

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
HI Lads, only a few day to go before the tickets to Christy Moore are given away,
please help spread the word by sharing the post on the Jumpstart page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/events/773030292792051/

Mikey has really helped us out (y) and we will have a raffle on the day,

prizes include:

2 tickets to see Status Quo live in the Marquee in Cork on the 12th July 2015

2 Audience Tickets for the Late Late Show

All money raised on the day will go to http://tlc4cf.com/

NEWS JUST IN...... :telephone:
.:snack:
WE HAVE A WINNER :drinkbeer:

Congrats to Brendan Cowen whose name was drawn out of the hat last night to win the Christy Moore tickets (y)

@ Brendan, can you contact us with your address and we will get the tickets to you ASAP?

I would like to say a huge thanks to Mikey Lawless for organising these tickets for the raffle. Mikey offered to do this himself and I know that all in TLC4CF are extremely grateful for this extremely nice gesture.

Last edited:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
With only 11 days to go it's time for a little update.

Stump donned his engineering hat again this year and made another Best of Show trophy. Jon White donated a new hubcap and Stump made up one of his famous mini beams before having both blasted and powdercoated. I asked Prosign if they would have the time to do some signwriting for me over the weekend at Volksworld and they said yes so now the Best of Show trophy is not only handmade by one of our club members but it has also been signwritten by Prosign, the best in the business.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Paul at Aircooled Accessories has once again come up trumps with some really cool prizes from his awesome range of products but he also made up one very special Aircooled Accessories Award.

What do you reckon to this? Made using his metal VOLKSWAGEN garage sign and then sticker bombed (y)

This is Paul's VOLKSWAGEN sign should you feel the need to pick one up for your own garage......

https://www.aircooledaccessories.com/volkswagen-logo-script-dealership-sign

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Thanks have to go to Tom at www.vwweddings.ie who has once again offered a voucher to be given away as a prize on the day. He has offered a €50 VW Spares voucher. Hopefully he will bring along some of his amazing fleet of vintage VW wedding cars (y)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I was speaking with Niels at Airmighty and he really wanted to have an Airmighty Award so this year Niels has made up a very special goodie bag for the winner of the Airmighty Award

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
As for the goodie bags, lots has been blagged like posters, keyrings air fresheners to name but a few but there is more to arrive between now and next week such as coffee mugs, lanyards, pens, stickers etc.

Jon @ VW Spares is supplying some prizes so we need to pick them out next week. I have to say a big thanks to Jon for his ongoing support of Jumpstart and the Irish VW scene in general.

We should have more info next week as to what's arrived in and what you can expect in your goodie bags.

Due to the increase in enquiries from people not in the VW scene or not in Eircooled who are looking to come along, we are expecting a massive increase in VWs this year and not only will there be more VWs than ever before but the standard will be up with Karmann Ghias, Karmann Beetle Convertibles including a very early one as well as some new Split Buses, a 1957 being the latest to be added to the list!

The Cottage is also ready and will have pre-made sambos as well as tea & coffee facilities outside. The pub has stocked up on food and drink too so we're good to go!

Last edited:

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Just booked accommodation in Athlone, heading down there early fri avo to chill and look around - never been that way before. Then a wee jump down on to Loughmoe Saturday morning - tis far? Should I give an hour or so? Looking forward to meeting some of you folks and enjoying the show. Java Green should be running sweet and ready for its biggest road trip (in my care) yet.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'd allow about an hour and half from Athlone TBH.

This is shaping up to be some gathering!! VDubs being dragged from all corners of the country for the day!!!