Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Jumpstart 2015

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Moving north west to Castlederg Co Tyrone next week and planning to road trip down to Jumpstart. Anyone from NW heading to this? I will probably head down in my 67 beetle on the Friday night and stay over somewhere in the vicinity.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
A little Friday update:

This year we're inviting some of the traders who are a big part of our VW scene to set up a stall and so far we are delighted to tell you that Caroline Cowan will have her Curious Ewe stall, Jon White from VW Spares will be selling his wares and Eircooled will also have a stall selling merchandise and memberships.

Is there a plan in motion to have merchandise available on time?

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Brian and Mikey are looking after that so I would hope they'll have stuff ready for April 25th as it'll be great to have an active stand with people buying merchandise and memberships.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Brian and Mikey are looking after that so I would hope they'll have stuff ready for April 25th as it'll be great to have an active stand with people buying merchandise and memberships.

We'll have a thread soon with the latest prices, and people can pre-order merchandise to be collected at Jumpstart or buy from limited stock on the day.

mcfanta

Club Member
Club Member
February 3, 2012
limerick
We'll have a thread soon with the latest prices, and people can pre-order merchandise to be collected at Jumpstart or buy from limited stock on the day.
That would be brilliant. Need to buy me a few bits. Never got around to buying any club merchandise. Ill start saving me money's ha

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
The 2015 poster design has arrived from Lemorris in Arizona. You can see this year we have a new logo on the poster, TLC4CF

Why a charity? Well, as usual, Jumpstart is totally free to everyone and the early birds get goodie bags (until they run out) but everyone will get a Jumpstart poster and a Jumpstart sticker as well as having the opportunity to win some amazing prizes throughout the day so with that in mind, we thought it would be a nice gesture to help out if we could.

Why Cystic Fibrosis (CF) as the chosen charity? Some of you may or may not know that our very own Gritz has first hand experience with what CF can do as his own son Brian is a CF patient. He's a great kid, who, at 19yrs old should be doing everything he wants (and everything a father doesn't want a son to do ;)) but is unfairly restricted from living the same carefree life his friends due to CF. Anyone who knows Gritz and his family will have seen the impact CF has on patients and families and the wonderful work TLC4CF does so when the Jumpstart crew were deciding on a charity it was a no-brainer. It had to be TLC4CF

With that in mind, if you feel like getting rid of some of that loose change rattling around in your pocket, why not toss a few coins (or notes (y)) into one of the donation buckets which will be at the registration point, the Cottage and even in the pub, should anyone of you find your way in there........but don't worry, nobody will be shaking the buckets under your nose, this is a fun day out and if you want to help TLC4CF that's great, if you don't that's cool too.

Who are TLC4CF?
TLC4CF - Tipperary, Limerick, Clare for Cystic Fibrosis aims to improve services & facilites for all Cystic Fibrosis patients in the Mid West Region. TLC4CF need to raise €4.2 million for a new dedicated CF Inpatients & Outpatients Unit in the region and with our help we can hopefully contribute to their tally.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
also, if anyone feels like they want a little something in return for their donation, I'll have a PILE of VW magazines from the last 20 years that can be taken away individually for a small donation to the charity. I'll set up a stand and an honesty box. I think a donation of a euro a pop is fair enough for a mag.

Love them and cherish them or tear them up and use them to wallpaper your bathroom if you like but stick a couple of quid in the bucket for TLC4CF and take home a couple of mags!! Great way to indoctrinate the kids in your house into the way of the VW without destroying your own personal magazine collection.

There will be VolksWorlds, UltraVW, TotalVW, VW Trends, "Hot VWs & Dune Buggies", a few "VW Scene"s from France, even some (*spit*) PerformanceVW and Golf+ magazines for the perverts amongst you...

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
Cheers Coxy, any donation big or small that will help TLC4CF continue to help patients and their families will be greatly appreciated.

Trev, that's a great idea and will also really help raise a few quid. thanks so much(y)

Last edited:

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
Just to add to this folks that the Cystic Fibrosis Awareness week is on from April 20th-26th, the awareness campaign is called the
65 ROSES NATIONAL AWARENESS WEEK 2015

'65 Roses' is how some children first learn how to say 'Cystic Fibrosis'.
The symbol in Ireland for '65 Roses Week' is a purple rose.
The fundraising drive is based on "65" , so perhaps we could try get 65 beetles together for a photo on the day also.

any other suggestions or offers like Trevs would also be a huge help, feel free to PM me.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Just putting a thought out there, are any camper owners thinking of going to Jumpstart on the friday evening and staying overnight? Have a few beers and a chat in one of the locals, help Coxy set up on the saturday morning, be available to help in whatever way. Would it be allowed, would the locals appreciate it, is there suitable parking to do it, is it a stupid idea, etc. etc?

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Just putting a thought out there, are any camper owners thinking of going to Jumpstart on the friday evening and staying overnight? Have a few beers and a chat in one of the locals, help Coxy set up on the saturday morning, be available to help in whatever way. Would it be allowed, would the locals appreciate it, is there suitable parking to do it, is it a stupid idea, etc. etc?

Wow, that's a great offer. Thanks so much.
I will happily take you up on your offer to help set up but first I need to check about camping because it's something I've never looked at before but I will now.
Thanks again for the very kind offer.

Cf10

Club Member
Club Member
July 20, 2012
Louth
www.twitter.com

I'd be up for a few pints the night before, and give a hand setup ar maidin. Stump we can convoy if you're up for it?

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
I plan to head down the night before too. Although will be in the beetle so will be looking for a B&B or wee budget hotel/ pub with rooms. Where should I be looking - never been down that way before?