Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

July 20th 2008 :: Martin Murrays Swapmeet

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Ask Britt about the drive, he did the return trip on a cold wet day in January in the green westy. ;)

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Ask Britt about the drive, he did the return trip on a cold wet day in January in the green westy. ;)
I did half that trip with Britt. his van was just in from the USA if wasn't ready for January Irish weather it was freezing in there. I think he left at 5am and got home at 12 midnight, its a long day but the show is worth it

J

Johnny™

your talking about a man that drives up mountains in feet of snow in a bus with more holes than a swiss cheese! on a yearly basis .

I think im a bit of a pussy in comparision :)

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
:lol:

Last time I went camping in the bus I took the Golf instead and stayed in a house.

B

briz

Any info on the July 20th gathering in Tipperary would be great as we are heading over with friends to tour Sligo and Mayo for a week and hope to drop by the event then head back north.

Is there camping at it?

I noticed it starts at 12 on the Sunday, is it a small afair, any stuff being sold etc?

Cheers
Brian

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
As far as I know after the run on Sat evening Martin is organising a
BBQ at a pub close to where the show is held and I think there will
be camping there too. I can check with him tomorrow to confirm this.

Just spoke to Martin, there is a run (Monard - Fermoy) at 4:30 on Saturday but that's it, show is in Monard on Sunday at 12:30

This isn't far from Monard -

http://www.camping.ie/index.html

Anyone up for it?

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Any info on the July 20th gathering in Tipperary would be great as we are heading over with friends to tour Sligo and Mayo for a week and hope to drop by the event then head back north.

Is there camping at it?

I noticed it starts at 12 on the Sunday, is it a small afair, any stuff being sold etc?

Cheers
Brian

Hey Brian,

There isn't much being sold as it has evolved into a static show on the Sunday from the swapmeet it was a number of years ago. I would definitely recommend it as the numbers go up every year and it's a very casual event......jeans and t-shirt is fine but chinos would be nice if you would like to make an effort :ROFLMAO:
The drive on the Saturday will bring you through some nice countryside too.
From a holiday point of view there are some lovely drives in the Limerick / Tipperary area so you get a show and touristy stuff while you're down this neck of the woods.

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Hey guys, I'm pickin up my beetle on wednesday 16th so count me in for the Beetle run and show in tipperary. Can you let me know the details etc?

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Well done on getting a Beetle. What did you buy?

Here's the details:

Martin Murray's 4th Annual Beetle Show

What:

Run on 19th July, starting at 4.30pm

Followed by

Show on 20th July, starting at 12.00pm

Where:

Toomey's Filling Station, Monard, Co. Tipperary

Air-cooled VW's only please.

Prizes for different classes.

Mike 087 3264282 / Martin 087 2592448

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Well done on getting a Beetle. What did you buy?

Here's the details:

Martin Murray's 4th Annual Beetle Show

What:

Run on 19th July, starting at 4.30pm

Followed by

Show on 20th July, starting at 12.00pm

Where:

Toomey's Filling Station, Monard, Co. Tipperary

Air-cooled VW's only please.

Prizes for different classes.

Mike 087 3264282 / Martin 087 2592448

Bought myself a navy karmann beetle 1302LS, you can see it on classiccarsireland.eu, its a cabrio with a cream roof, so excited, my first vintage car. So do I have to pay o enter into the run or the car show?

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
Bought myself a navy karmann beetle 1302LS, you can see it on classiccarsireland.eu, its a cabrio with a cream roof, so excited, my first vintage car. So do I have to pay o enter into the run or the car show?

Think I remember that one, is it the one on Fuchs with a light coloured roof? Lovely car :)

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
No charge, just turn up. ;)

Very nice car, it was discussed on here recently - I think you have very expensive deep 6 Fuchs on it too. :D

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Think I remember that one, is it the one on Fuchs with a light coloured roof? Lovely car :)

Thanks guys, ya they have those sweet alloys alright. Cant wait to meet all your guys next weekend, its all very exciting. I'm bringing my friends with me. Where is the drive going, from Monard to where?

jim1500

June 1, 2007
I'll not know until closer the time whether we're heading down or not as it'll be at least £80-£100 on fuel alone, do you know if the campsite has to be pre booked? How far from Monard is it?