Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Get Insured with Eircooled's Insurance Partner - First Ireland

Tony

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2012
Arklow
Hey does anyone know of an insurance company who would insure a 17 year old in a 1978 t2 bay??

You might be in trouble there, I haven't heard of anyone below 20 getting insured but if you do find someone to insure you please let us know.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
I think it 25! Pretty sure ya wont get insurance at 17. Could be wrong so best of luck.

lee miller

March 3, 2015
killiney
Hey guys would love to join but can't find all the info, any number I can give a call tomorrow, First Ireland recommended you and I need to join for insurance for my t2b. Lee

Kg69

Club Member
Club Member
August 30, 2012
Cork
NB: when renewing insurance with FI make sure you tell them you're a member of eircooled as its may not be recorded already and it was worth a €35 reduction on renewal to me

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
what's the current "club" rate with First Ireland? I got my renewal notice today and the total for three cars is €300. I know it's dirt cheap but just wondering if it's right and the same as everyone elses.

Also, they sent out "Limited Mileage Declaration" forms for each of the three cars. I don't remember getting those before. Are they mandatory?

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Got those forms this time for the first time too. Paid online and never submitted the forms but got letter after that with forms attached to be filled in before they would send out docs. Filled in forms and got certs in post today. Around €180 for 2 cars. A little up on last year I think.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
€180 for two cars doesn't tally with €300 for three cars from memory.

I'd be interested to hear from other members about their renewal quotes.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
€300 for four cars with Carole Nash, one additional driver and the usual other benefits. No mileage declaration

Raymondo

Club Member
Club Member
July 27, 2015
Dublin 8
Membership ID

Membership ID

Hi, I just joined online and got email confirmation from Paypal of payment. How soon can I get my membership Id? I'd like to avail of the insurance partner option.
Thanks,
Ray

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Hi, I just joined online and got email confirmation from Paypal of payment. How soon can I get my membership Id? I'd like to avail of the insurance partner option.
Thanks,
Ray

I think Brian is still looking after memberships? or it could have been changed/more help at the AGM.

Anyway it normally gets out pretty quick - you can get the insurance with First Ireland and give them your membership number at a later date. Welcome along post a few pictures of your motor.

Moo

Club Member
Club Member
August 11, 2015
Co.Meath
Hi!
I'm new to the club and website and trying to sort insurance sorted... How do I find my member number for Eircooled?
Fee has been paid already.
Thanks for your help!

Moo

Club Member
Club Member
August 11, 2015
Co.Meath
Thanks! ' 72 Beetle- not getting my hands on it til later in the week but counting down the days. Looking forward to the banter and advice on here :)