Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] sorry non eircooled,but still cool S.A. 2.6i t25

M

mken

hi all,

Ive advertised this bus before bout 18 months ago as im out of the country i dont realy get the time to put into trying to sell it.Ive copy and pasted the previous add and all details are the same.the van literaly hasnt been driven now for a year,i just start it up when home and run about the estate to keep brakes free etc.this is a genuinely good,straight bus with a little tlc it could be a real sweet machine.Id like to see €5000 or nearest offer
cool.gif

IMG_0094-1.jpg

I’ve kinda outgrown my carravelle and much as id love to keep it and use it for a Sunday spin,the need for a bigger campervan says otherwise….So she’s up for sale.I’ll list all the standard stuff first and then move on to the conversion.I’ve got loads of photos of before,during and after but they’re on a harddrive that’s just shit itself.ill do my best to get them.I bought the van about 4 years ago off my cousin,needing a small bit of attention.It was originaly brought to Ireland by a South African guy and somewhere along the line it had gotten atip on the passenger side and ended up sat in a yard in Tippereary before been rescued. For those in the know please bear with me.for those that dontit’s a very rare South African model,the only in Ireland at the moment ,I think!.Its a 95 plate.vw in Europe stopped making these in 1990 or 91.they were made until 02 in S.A.The engine is a 2.6 5 cylinder petrol engine ,she pulls like a train and cruise’s at 110 to 120 kph no probs.Theres 150k kilometers on the clock and shes in great condition.Full vw service until I got it and receipts for any work since including timing belt just done.Its also classed as a campervan for tax.So cheap costs,tax is about €90 and insurance from Dolmen was about €400.Being a carravelle its got all the goodies as standard

·Two captains chairs up front(drivers heated)

·Full length aircon(its been removed but I still have all the parts)

·Electric windows,mirrors

·Larger windows

·Power steering

·Disc brakes(bigger then its European cousins)

·Full width rock n roll bed

·2nd row bench with fold away table(been removed but still have it)

·Tinted windscreen with built in aerial

·Central locking with alarm and immobilizer(vw alarm removed)

Now forthe conversion,

The van has been resprayed in white which is the original colour,this isn’t a great job but as its white it’s not that noticeable.All the cavitys of doors,panels have been treated with waxol.All doors,panels and floor have been sound deadend which makes agreat difference when driving.Van has all new door,panel cards which are insulated on the back with a B&Q thin type foil insulation and finished in vinyl on front.Retro black and white diamond lino in back and original carpets in front.Interior has been retrimmed in black leather with white piping.Two separate kitchen units which house water,gas and storage.There’s a smev two ring burner and smev sink with electric pump.3 way fridge and propex heater.These all run on butane and 12v leisure battery.The zigcf8 unit and split charge system keeps all this in order.This also runs two 12v lights,a kenwood dvd head unit with ipod connection and a 15” flip down moniter.All the electrics are installed correctly with relays etc.The vans been lowered 50mm with Avo shocks and springs purchased from Brickwerks.Tinted Indicatrers and back lights.There’s a set of 16” Porsche design 90s on it with load rated tyres with only a couple hundred miles on them.The spare is also a d90 so no need to go messing with the hub adapters which were purchased from t3 tuning, I think.Theres also thule roof bars.It’s missing the back bumper side pods but ive got a set,just havn’t had a chance to put them.These will need painting.

Bad Points

As I said,the spray job aint great and theres a few bits of rust on the seams.Nothing to major though.This would be ok if left alone for a while but will defo need attention at some stage.The underside could do with being pressure cleaned and coated with a waxol type coating. The front wheel arches could do with being rolled as the wheel has caught them on full lock when facing downhill.The alarm has been disabled as it was going off randomly but cenral locking still works.The relineing of the roof inside isn’t great.Think that’s about it

Im looking for €5000 for the van which I think is a fair price considering The condition and the fact its South African.The vans not currently insurded or taxed.I’m based in Kildare.25 mins from Dublin airport and 35 mins from Dublin port,just off M4.Thanks for looking,I can be reached by pm,email(mken100@gmail.com) and ill give contact details then

heres a link for some pics to get you started

http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af31/mken100/VW t3/

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Hi, I've looked in on this a few times on Vagdrivers, and I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet...

M

mken

Want to sell the roof bars seperately?

Lovely van by the way.

yeh,no problem.im looking for €4999 for the roof bars and ill through in the bus for quick sale:Dseriously though.ill give you a shout when im home,about two weeks

M

mken

if anybody would be interested in a swap with cash my way im open to offers,mk1 caddy,bug,t25 panel van

M

mken

I can get the original alloy wheels for this,tyres would definetly shot though.theres a very good chance the original suspension is knocking about aswell

Last edited: