Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Early Bay LHD '70

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Cork-a-doodle-doo baaaaai
Early bay for sale. incomplete but list of parts with it are:

Tax book, Sligo ZEI reg
Front seats (need recovering)
Some Lights and lenses
Pop-top roof, canvas is perished

I've a lot of bits and pieces like handles, trim and stuff so if interested Ill let you know exactly what. Brakes and suspension are in good nick, handbrake holds it off a transporter and brakes too.

It's stripped down and under cover at the moment. The panel van will get the works next so not interested in this at the moment, it will only be sitting outside....

Missing some windows;no motor & g'box; no interior.

There are a good few things missing from it but there is a solid base for a project. Will require a good shot of work but between T2i and Eircooled i've seen worse resurrected! Its fairly rusty in all the usual spots. Cab floor is good and cargo floor too. Originally came from Oman (as the previous owner told me, I found some Omani stamps under the fridge when cleaning out so theres some truth in it, came to ireland and wasn't stored properly hence the ferrous oxide invasion). See pics, ill upload more by request and if you want anything specific ill take it next chance i get and upload.

I'm looking for offers around €300, open to the haggle of course:boxing: Its near Kanturk (Mallow direction) so collection from there and any comments appreciated

Brian
IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

EarlyBay13.jpg

EarlyBay9.jpg

Last edited:

magpie

Club Member
Club Member
November 3, 2006
Sligo
Hi Brian,
Recognise the van. I owned it for several years. Is a genuine westy LHD 1970 minibus shell (not panelvan) with 1978 reg ZEI 538 if i remember correctly. The engine has low mileage, is a 1700 bigbore green volksspares unit that i had fitted in london on way to germany many moons ago. Furniture is veneer over plywood, not chipboard. I am reliably informed that it has done small mileage since we parted company. Seats were perfect when i had it, brown cloth. Would be excellent source of westy bits to convert a LHD minibus. Any more Qs on history ask me. Would need to inspect condition now & salvageability. Regards, magpie