Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Early Bay LHD '70

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Imports before the new system in 1987 just got the current year - after we moved to year related registrations it changed to the year of first registration - don't know how your Austin got its reg - you sure that the logbook is right for the car?

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Cork-a-doodle-doo baaaaai
Hi Brian,
Recognise the van. I owned it for several years. Is a genuine westy LHD 1970 minibus shell (not panelvan) with 1978 reg ZEI 538 if i remember correctly. The engine has low mileage, is a 1700 bigbore green volksspares unit that i had fitted in london on way to germany many moons ago. Furniture is veneer over plywood, not chipboard. I am reliably informed that it has done small mileage since we parted company. Seats were perfect when i had it, brown cloth. Would be excellent source of westy bits to convert a LHD minibus. Any more Qs on history ask me. Would need to inspect condition now & salvageability. Regards, magpie

Hi Magpie, thats some great info, thanks! reg is spot on, good memory! Im keeping the engine for that reason, i havnt had time but the plan was to try and see where it came from by engine code. the green case was the dead giveaway:D it didnt do much driving since about 2000 according to last owner, sadly stored in a very poor location hence the state. I already salvaged the interior to finish my own westie. it has a 1700 type4 motor in it, but it might get the volksspares unit if i decide to do some serious milage. otherwise into my 79 panelvan once it's patched up and ratted! As for the rest of zei, I won't be taking on that project but have interest from someone who hopefully will so ill be moving it on. Brian

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Hi Brian,If you dont get anyone to take it would you consider selling some parts.I'm after a few bits and bobs meself,nothing big but sure let me know anyway.
Cheers
Ian

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Hi Brian,If you dont get anyone to take it would you consider selling some parts.I'm after a few bits and bobs meself,nothing big but sure let me know anyway.
Cheers
Ian

howya Ian, at the moment It's all or nothing as I want to shift the whole thing, if that changes i'll let you know. what are you after as I've got a few boxes of parts I could rummage through?

Dillon, not sold yet just waiting on a reply, I havnt forgotten you don't worry.....

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Due to the prospective buyer not coming for this its back on the tradestand folks. An early bay shell with rust and rot, but still restorable. It's rolling and has some bits, see the first post. Tax book with a nice Irish reg;)

British Leyland Man

June 28, 2009
Ballymena
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by natian08
Cheers
Ian

Yes please do let me know as well if you would sell a few parts, theres a few wee things I'm after.
Thanks
Nigel