Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dubshed 2014

Turlough

flyersmall.jpg

Entries open later today, brilliant show and Aircooled area again this year :cool:

viw28

January 12, 2014
Co Antrim
Hey guys, as an organiser of the show I'd like to invite you all to come and will make sure you're made very welcome :)

This year we plan to have a dedicated Aircooled zone which is a hall all to yourselves :) You can submit your entries at www.dubshed.com and we will look at them ASAP!

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Welcome Gethin, great to see you on here at last.

Id love to see a group of Eircooled members cars at this, this year, many have attended in the past (Ben,Dave,Trev,Williams',WaynMac,Shane,Paul etc etc) but the show has grown to huge proportions an is no longer just a golf or 'Scene' show. It is by far the biggest gathering of all types of Volkswagen in Ireland. It has a VAG only door policy unless a club like Northern Retros is invited to have a stand.

Last year there were 2 beetles in the main hall and a separate hall for aircooled cars, mostly consisting of NBOC. The T4/5 forum also have a strong presence of vans an campers on display.

Its a great event and very easy to get to, just off the motorway as you arrive in Belfast.

I'm going again if anyone wants to tag along in a convoy from Dublin?

viw28

January 12, 2014
Co Antrim
Welcome Gethin, great to see you on here at last.

Id love to see a group of Eircooled members cars at this, this year, many have attended in the past (Ben,Dave,Trev,Williams',WaynMac,Shane,Paul etc etc) but the show has grown to huge proportions an is no longer just a golf or 'Scene' show. It is by far the biggest gathering of all types of Volkswagen in Ireland. It has a VAG only door policy unless a club like Northern Retros is invited to have a stand.

Last year there were 2 beetles in the main hall and a separate hall for aircooled cars, mostly consisting of NBOC. The T4/5 forum also have a strong presence of vans an campers on display.

Its a great event and very easy to get to, just off the motorway as you arrive in Belfast.

I'm going again if anyone wants to tag along in a convoy from Dublin?

Thanks for for the warm welcome Tsar!

Just to clarify, if you're in the hall then you'll be expected to leave your vehicle in position from Saturday at 12 until close of show on Sunday. Hope this is ok but with the sheer numbers attending now we have no option :)

Kyle

Club Member
Club Member
July 1, 2012
Wicklow
Is anyone thinking of bringing a camper up to this? If so will you be outside or inside?

Or will there be an area for campers Gethin?

viw28

January 12, 2014
Co Antrim
We will have a dedicated hall this year to all things Aircooled so would be great if as many of of you guys as possible could get together! Please enter your cars at dubshed.com using the online entry system :)

jim1500

June 1, 2007
We'd a great turnout of stuff there last year, biggest aircooled attendance at the show be great to see the numbers up again this year with some more motors from south of the border. It's real easy to get to and plenty bars, b&bs etc in the area : )

Here's aircooled from last year
april2013040_zpse73cc6d0.jpg
april2013041_zpsf20c637a.jpg

april2013042_zps68ac5a29.jpg

april2013043_zps6a6e0055.jpg

april2013044_zps11acb013.jpg

april2013045_zps85957177.jpg

april2013046_zps0c0e5ddc.jpg

april2013047_zps5fa87fde.jpg

april2013048_zpsf8241eca.jpg

april2013049_zpsa04addd1.jpg

april2013050_zps78751820.jpg

viw28

January 12, 2014
Co Antrim
Well dudes and dudettes, less than 4 weeks to go! How are we going to get you guys to fill this hall then??

Has has everyone seen our teaser vid featuring Tsar's Oval? We're dead chuffed how it turned out and HUGE MASSIVE thanks to the man himself for bringing the car up and out at such short notice!

http://youtu.be/GHamVnfAoNQ

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Thanks again for asking me to drag the old bug up for the vid, I was shocked but I wasnt going to turn down an opertunity like that. The ILOVEBASE guys are so professional in everything they do.

Okay so we're still buzzing from getting our cars out for Jumpstart, then maybe its time you made the trip to Dubshed. Unless your lucky to be heading to Volksworld, Dubshed is the next show on the Irish calendar and it's the biggest VW show in the country. It caters for everyone whether you drive an LT, a Lupo or even a 911. Its certainly not just a show for you lads in Golfs, there's always a big turn out by the T4/5 forum guys an every model of VW is on display an they're certainly not all modified. I've been every year an every year it's grown an got more professional with many UK show cars making the trip over.

I've been talking to Gethin an this year he's pushing for a bigger display of aircooled cars, last year the NBOC had a big display but I'd love to see Eircooled.ie represented up there too. VAGE, VAGdrivers an Autostadt put on a display every year.

This year there will be a hall dedicated purely to aircooled cars an if we get enough numbers we will get one of the bigger, more prominent halls to show our cars. As far as the show an shine goes, there's the usual classes for beetles, buses, other aircooled an rat look an of course the overall awards too.

Most of you made the drag day so Belfast is only a spin compared to that. It's 1 hr 30 from Dublin. It only took me 20 mins more to get to Kings Hall, compared Wicklow to Jumpstart. Its closer than Limerick or Fermoy if your on the East Coast.

Here's a nice vid of the main hall last year.

Last edited:

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Well said Tsar, This show goes from strength to strength each year and has plenty for everyone to enjoy.....The GTINI club host the event fantastically well and it is really well attended....I too would very much like to see Eircooled members putting on a display. Myself and Stewart will be bringing up the bus and the beetle.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Cool Paul, look forward to catching up an drooling over your bus! I didn't get a good look at the Drag Day.

I also think its a good platform to promote the scene to a captive audience. Since I started going to these shows with a couple of local H20 lads I've converted 2 of them to aircooled, ones 23, an the others who's just restored his first bug is 27. Last year he built the runner up Jetta. Makes a change from the 30-40+.