Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Because Racecar.........! Team Eircooled Drag Project.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
We know the end result but there has to be a few good stories involving late nights with lots of redbull, bad language etc ......

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
The car is far from finished so this will thread will continue, an the car will evolve.
All the wiring an switch gear is temporary, as are the seats an some of the repairs.

I see the last pictures posted were 10 days before the event, the last. The last night of the build I took no pictures as we were too busy. I'll update it day by day anyway.

@Trev, we did make our unrealistic deadline.

No Redbull was consumed during the course of this build, just tea! Guy Martin is not the only one who knows the benefits of tea.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I couldn't believe it when I woke up on Sunday morning, fell out of the tent and Kvinyl asked me had I seen what arrived late last night (I'd turned in at 11.30 as I knew I had a lot of driving ahead of me the next day). Im sorry to have doubted you but I thought there was no hope of you ever making it there. Credit where its due, you guys got through a mountain of work and put in a spectacular performance on the day. I for one was very impressed. Well done to all involved :)

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
HUGE congrats to tsar for breaking (finally) into the 13's with a 13.9

He worked bloody hard to get that result today, in a car that still isnt setup properly, more work on the rear end to get it to actually launch and with the current engine would be a consistent mid 13 second car.

Well done mate, im well proud of ya.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Hey Tsar, any news on what you are going to be doing this year with the car?

Im interested to know, i think we would all love to see it back out again. :)

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Well a stock 1600 is a possibility, everything's up in the air right now. No time or money for toys but I do want to start a thread to try figure out what spec engines I need for my cars/projects so I can start gathering for 2015 Lol.

I must update this thread when I get a computer......