Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
Might be no bad idea - hard to believe that '70s Denovo technology didn't make it to the '90s - my Dad had them on his '73 P6 and he wasn't even Greek....

I think it did - well the eighties at least - it became Denloc & was used on the austin/mini metro range from new?
Friend moved back from the UK in the late '70s. His mam had a Mini 1275gt with them on. The wheels looked well stupid, weighed a tonne & couldn't be got anywhere at the time. The rust was causing the mini to cave in on itself, so they went about trading it for a new fangled metro. But as these were going to have similar type tyres, they bought a Daf instead! Which was a completely different type of disaster altogether....
Was the range rover owned by queen or the queen?

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
90 D,i Didnt think that lizzy lived in Dublin in the 90s.id say that range rover stinks of corgi piss...:)

Last edited:

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I think it did - well the eighties at least - it became Denloc & was used on the austin/mini metro range from new?
Friend moved back from the UK in the late '70s. His mam had a Mini 1275gt with them on. The wheels looked well stupid, weighed a tonne & couldn't be got anywhere at the time. The rust was causing the mini to cave in on itself, so they went about trading it for a new fangled metro. But as these were going to have similar type tyres, they bought a Daf instead! Which was a completely different type of disaster altogether....
Was the range rover owned by queen or the queen?

My mother had an '84 Metro with some sort of run flat, had a sidewall failure near Lahinch but couldn't get a replacement as it was metric (think this was '87). Took a week to get a replacement delivered to Limerick.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
90 D,i Didnt think that lizzy lived in Dublin in the 90s.id say that range rover stinks of corgi piss...:)

I can't remember the number ranges any more - I know that '87 was around 27,000 but I think that 90 D was around 40,000 so its likely that 90 D 55000 + was an import (if I'm right)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
WANT WANT WANT!

Had an old 560 SEC before I went to Oz and loved every minute of it..........apart from the petrol thing :D

If I had €2k of 'sure go on for the craic, you've nattin else to spend your money on' cash lying around the house I'd buy it. I'm justifying my decision not to buy it by saying it doesnt have leather and ignoring the fact that I do not in fact have €2k in 'sure go on for the craic, you've nattin else to spend your money on' cash to play with.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4157235

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
WANT WANT WANT!

Had an old 560 SEC before I went to Oz and loved every minute of it..........apart from the petrol thing :D

If I had €2k of 'sure go on for the craic, you've nattin else to spend your money on' cash lying around the house I'd buy it. I'm justifying my decision not to buy it by saying it doesnt have leather and ignoring the fact that I do not in fact have €2k in 'sure go on for the craic, you've nattin else to spend your money on' cash to play with.

That's mad, I'd no idea you could buy an SEC for that kind of money. That one looks well looked after, Potenza tyres always a good sign that the owner isn't afraid to spend a bit of money on it...go for it, go for it, go for it...
(he didn't include a photo of the tax disc though :D)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
yeah, the tax disc for the 5ltr car didn't seem to get into the photo for some reason????? :D

I'd love it but it's not an option right now unfortunately but it's the best one I've seen for sale in a long time. Most are very worn out heaps that will swallow all your cash in repairs, unlike this one.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
WANT WANT WANT!

Pity it's not a year younger it'd be as old as me.

Insurance would be massive, as they say in Dublin.