Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Brekkie Roll - Limerick

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Well i don't know but he needs a lefthand kick in the stones if he was serious! Its alright for him he's not that far away but some people are makin the long trip down from the pale and to be there for nine means they have to be up for 7ish. Anyway he might not even make it at all.

...or leaving at 6 from Dublin/ Wicklow... Not that I care, I leave that time for work anyway. Just stirring.. :p

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
Well i don't know but he needs a lefthand kick in the stones if he was serious! Its alright for him he's not that far away but some people are makin the long trip down from the pale and to be there for nine means they have to be up for 7ish. Anyway he might not even make it at all.

too much in-breeding?

no one is forcing ye to go... but like I said if you plan on going , have the manners to arrive on time.

as for the likes of Rez who's practically living up the road from the fricking place perhaps Duts can kick him in the balls with his hand when he gets there. :)

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Look gritz i just don't agree you dictating to everyone else what time to arrive at a meet that ya might even attend. Its a big thing to get up on your day off to drive that distance i don't see how an hour later would do any harm. As for rez he has no excuse whatsoever not to be there for nine the lazy bollox.
As for the left hand kick thing its just a sayin we say knowin its not right, like "do you not think i'm an eejit??"

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
Read my post duts, I'm not dictating to anyone, merely pointing out the time that the meet was planned for.

but as usual there's always someone ready to spoil stuff with " negativity " . Its getting to a point where the people that do organise stuff wont bother their holes 'cos of negative comments.

like i said, come if you like but arrive on time.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Right well ya can see what i'm sayin, it doesn't bother me as i'll be there at 7 if need be. The start of it all was rez sayin he won't be there till 10, if the effort can't be made by someone who lives near why should someone from above in dublin/wicklow/abbeyleix/galway/clare bother there nuts get there on time??? Some people need that kick in the stones really!

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Well anyway, can someone tell me what time we're meetin at so?? Maybe we should have a vote on it???

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Back to the list....:)

1. Coxy (rollin out of bed at 8.55am)
2. Duts (probably)
3. Rez (10am)
4. Mac (by satellite link)
5. kombi.noise (by bus or bug)
6. Kviny
7. Brendan
8. KnK

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway

2. Duts (probably)
3. Rez (10am)
5. kombi.noise (by 6v bug-with disco effect headliights with the hi-lo beam;{darkness pending})
6. Kvinyl
7. Brendan
8. KnK
9.?

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway

2. Duts (probably)
3. Rez (10am)
5. kombi.noise (by 6v bug-with disco effect headliights with the hi-lo beam;{darkness pending})
6. Kvinyl (I'll see your bug headlights and raise you 1 x 6V headlight pointing towards, shite, just remembered my wiper motor's gone again...)
7. Brendan
8. KnK

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
my wipers are crap,
no squirty stuff either,
dunno if i should hope for rain or not?
was hoping to go the old main road from gort;
less of the side winds.but more of the darkness.
at least the heatings good...
too many choices!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Lads, in fairness this is being organised for 9am , not 10am if you're going make the effort to be there then try arrive on time.
if you cant make 9am then fine, be late...no problem either way but the thread has some negative shite in it and its the kind of stuff we need to avoid, its been discussed several times already.
If you are travelling from further afield then leave earlier...its not fucking rocket science.

and before anyone asks, I'm not on the list 'cos I'm not sure if I'll make it due to family committments...but if I can go, I'll be there for 9am.

Well done Coxy for trying to get this going again

Well said Gritz (y)

Seriously lads? WTF is all the time chaging about? In most other clubs both here in Ireland and when I was in the US and Oz I saw these type of cars & coffee meetings happening all the time. A notice went up to say when & where and that's it, people rocked up if they could. If someone was going to be an hour late because they had to do something else they were an hour late because they had to do something else - simplez :D

I sat back and watched people moan about this meeting instead of committing to going or saying nothing if they couldn't. It wasn't a questionnaire I posted, it was a meeting announcement! - and besides, it's not as if the doors would shut at 9:15 and you couldn't get in, it's a frickin carpark outside a spar shop and deli :p

This is not about the time lads but it's more about the fact that as a club we whine and bitch about the most stupid things even if it's an early morning meeting............a meeting of VW enthusiasts which is what we are supposed to be!

Funny how other clubs can do it and we can't. Take a look at the next golf club or sports ground you pass on a Saturday or Sunday morning and you'll see they're busy from an early hour because their members want to be there. Pass any garage/carwash and you'll see classics cars of all makes getting a quick scrub up before heading to a morning meet or show.
I get the fact that not everyone can attend and not every time for every meet will suit everyone but even if I'm there on my own I'll enjoy driving my car there, I'll have a coffee and some food and I'll enjoy the drive home but I do hope that as many of you guys can attend as possible because we can make 2012 a great year for events with a little effort seeing as we are the largest aircooled VW club in Ireland............plus those Harsh Winter Wankers will be watching and I'll be fucked if they're going to beat us on the meetings score :mad:

@knk; good on ya for saying you'll make the trip if you can sort the brakes.........sort the brakes? Seriously? The man who's building the Lexibug is worried about bleeding brakes? Yeah right! I'm taking it as a given those brakes will be well and truly sorted and you'll be there :D

@58Panel-Youny; now that's commitment - Wicklow to Limk & back in a Splittie (y)

@Duts; yes, those ARE your feet :blink:

@the Galway crew; good on ye for coming.........but a 6v Beetle will never keep up with a Porsche so break out that insane Single Cab ;)

So, to put things back on track, the meet will now be from 10am, same place, same day. If anyone has a problem with that please feel free to go fuck yourself :tease:

2. Duts (probably)
3. Rez
6. Kvinyl
7. Brendan
8. KnK