Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Brekkie Roll - Limerick

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
1. Coxy
2. Duts (probably)
3. Rez
4. Mac (by satellite link)
5. kombi.noise (by 6v bug-with disco effect headliights with the hi-lo beam;{darkness pending})
6. Kvinyl
7. Brendan
8. KnK
9. An Marcach (maybe)

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Spoke to the boss earlier. I got a few days off that week including this day.

Can we put this back to 9 now please? :p

:box:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
All joking aside this looks like it's going to be a good meet.
Whats the plan Cox? If people are up for it are we going for a spin somewhere after breakfast?

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Whats the plan Cox? If people are up for it are we going for a spin somewhere after breakfast?

ye could drive to Galway and collect me, I needn't get out of bed 'til about 11 then...

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois

Could we do that run around Lough Derg that we were going to do the day Coxy's car broke down?

I'll add my name for now...
1. Coxy
2. Duts (probably)
3. Rez
4. Mac (by satellite link)
5. kombi.noise (by 6v bug-with disco effect headliights with the hi-lo beam;{darkness pending})
6. Kvinyl
7. Brendan
8. KnK
9. An Marcach (maybe)
10. PJ (maybe)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
It's up to people on the day I suppose. Some people have said they'll be driving to get there so the thought of another drive before the drive home doesn't appeal to them but if people were up for it we can do a run. Lough Gur? Durty Nellies/Bunratty? Thomond Park tour? Smyths Toys for Duts?

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
The Lough Derg drive is a fair drive PJ. Coxy's suggestion of Lough Gur sounds good though. We can stop off at pet mania for Duts instead on our way home.
We could always chat about it over breakfast anyway and see who's up for what.

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
I don't know those places anyway so I'll leave it up to the people with local knowledge.

I was thinking of bringing the '61 so ye people better not drive too fast as it's not the fastest yoke in the world.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
I can't belive i was just about to stand up for coxy and get onto rez about runnin the meet, read down and he's kickin me in the teeth!! Then that other nob jockey wades in with another boot! I'm shocked..................I'd prefer smyths though!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
With just over a week to go lets see if we can make this a great start to 2012.

@ Kev - you might ask T2I if they would like to join in as this should be an all inclusive aircooled get together and if we can gather enough people for a cruise, a convoy of Bugs & Buses will look seriously cool (y)

I did some begging and have landed a few goodies for people that turn up in their aircooled VW.........or shiny Audi......or TDi powered Early Bay ;)

- Jon White of VW Spares (www.vwspares.ie) has kindly offered a €50 voucher as a prize on the day

- Paul Horton of Aircooled Accessories (www.aircooledaccessories.com) has offered a 15% discount voucher card to everyone in the audience :D

- Aircooled Accessories have also offered a set of chrome hinge covers for a Bus or a Beetle as a prize http://aircooledaccessories.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=68

- VW Heritage (http://www.vwheritage.com) have offered a few t-shirts to give out which I hope will arrive on time as they may not be leaving the store until Monday.

I hope you guys will support this and as many other events as you can in 2012.

I'll be there and I hope to see you all too and if we get enough VWs on the day we might ask Andrew Pollock in Irish Vintage Scene to give it a mention and a few photos.