Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] wtd. oval bonnet

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
There is one on the container for Ben B. it's a 4 tab along with your Ghia rear Valance 411Guy.

What exactly is on this famous container that I have been following the progress of for some time now?
Are there parts for sale on it or is everything to order?

I too, would be interested in a 4 tab bonnet for my '53. I also need a front clip, rear valance, all wings and single tip 25hp exhaust. There will be required for some future re-restoration project as my car was restored with incorrect parts.

It will do fine for now though until it starts to fall apart.

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Are you sure the 53 takes the same bonnet as the 56? I thought the where different, e.g. 3tab or an I confused, must look at my 54 when I get home!!! Johan will know!

Haven't a clue but I think Johan pointed out to me the day of the VAGE show, that mine should have a 4 tab. Maybe he said 3 tab! Not sure.

411 guy

March 14, 2007
co clare
yep, 4 tabs for badge, why will the 60's one not fit? is this for a new project oval- off ebay for example? lol

the curvatures at the back of the bonnet near the windscreen scuttle are very different on the 60's one.its not the recent e-bay car,though it is in similar condition, seeing it has provoked me to thinking about mine again.
i think that was a very fair price for that rolling shell,as it will cost a lot for all the parts to complete it.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
What exactly is on this famous container that I have been following the progress of for some time now?
Are there parts for sale on it or is everything to order?

I too, would be interested in a 4 tab bonnet for my '53. I also need a front clip, rear valance, all wings and single tip 25hp exhaust. There will be required for some future re-restoration project as my car was restored with incorrect parts.

It will do fine for now though until it starts to fall apart.

Contact Ben B there is a whole load of parts he bought from me for resale.