Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] WTB- Kayak or canoe

mac

Club Member
Club Member
:DNon VW related but I said I'd throw it out there ,looking for a Canoe or Kayak in good condition with paddle and such ,oh and possibly 2 if there on the go !
Figured peeps would have gotten the summer out of them and would be looking to offload .
I've also checked adverts and donedeal but they seem pricey .(y)
giz a shout or pm or that .
beer tokens/parts/readies offered

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Mac I'm thinking of giving canoeing a go, have you done it before? was thinking of hiring one out with a club
and giving it a shot.

............Might need to sort out the little matter of learning how to swim first.

Bugboy

Club Member
Club Member
Would you/your mate have a notion for a two man sit in canoe?
Brother in law has one, and never wet the arse of it since he got it (second hand), cant believe he was fool enough to think some fooker stoopid enough to get in it with him.
If memory serves, it is in primer as he was going to change the colour, and just like the whole canoe notion - he lost interest.
Also has with it two brand new spey decks, and two double ended paddles.

Let me know and I'll get him to send me pics of it, and an idea of what he thinks its worth, though IMO its only worth the price of the paddles, you wouldnt want to go up the creek without them :lol2: :rofl:

Sorry, that joke was bad, way bad - but canoe and stuff is real

Last edited:

woolydave

Club Member
Club Member
November 16, 2006
Kildare
I have a perception overflow kayak (sit-in) and paddle I no longer need if interested. maybe swap for something VW, i'm always looking for parts;), pm me if interested.

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
from uk

from uk

:DNon VW related but I said I'd throw it out there ,looking for a Canoe or Kayak in good condition with paddle and such ,oh and possibly 2 if there on the go !
Figured peeps would have gotten the summer out of them and would be looking to offload .
I've also checked adverts and donedeal but they seem pricey .(y)
giz a shout or pm or that .
beer tokens/parts/readies offered

im bringing back a new 16 ft canadian style 1 for a mate next week,
ive a 14 ft 1 ordered for myself,,,not sure i can carry 2 this time,
the 14 ft are 2 man and in same material as beach buggies;with metalflake.
he used to make buggy shells,if u want a look txt me and i will be passing nearby,
mate is co.limerick:cool:

paddymac

Club Member
Club Member
January 13, 2009
Cork
Hi,
I have a dagger approach 10. It is a crossover boat suitable for both touring and level 2 white water. It is in good nick. PM me if interested.
Ralph

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Judging by the interest in canoeing and kayaking in the club we might find ourselves having a day out rowing for the members. I'd be up 4 it anyway :) Pity the winter weather will be coming soon :(

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Judging by the interest in canoeing and kayaking in the club we might find ourselves having a day out rowing for the members. I'd be up 4 it anyway :) Pity the winter weather will be coming soon :(

I'm up for it too, it'd be an excuse for me to fit a roofrack on the beetle.

mac

Club Member
Club Member
Would you/your mate have a notion for a two man sit in canoe?
Brother in law has one, and never wet the arse of it since he got it (second hand), cant believe he was fool enough to think some fooker stoopid enough to get in it with him.
If memory serves, it is in primer as he was going to change the colour, and just like the whole canoe notion - he lost interest.
Also has with it two brand new spey decks, and two double ended paddles.

Let me know and I'll get him to send me pics of it, and an idea of what he thinks its worth, though IMO its only worth the price of the paddles, you wouldnt want to go up the creek without them :lol2: :rofl:

Sorry, that joke was bad, way bad - but canoe and stuff is real
hi there its really a single that Im looking for .thanks for the offer tho !

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
mac id do some research on each brand etc before purchasing one, a couple of weeks ago i was using a wilderness tarpon(looked better and had a back rest) ,and my mate had a bic bilbao.
we where in the malihade estaury (sea but sheltered).
in my opinion the tarpon wasnt suited here ,while the bic was easy to keep straight/balance.

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
Mac I'm thinking of giving canoeing a go, have you done it before? was thinking of hiring one out with a club
and giving it a shot.

............Might need to sort out the little matter of learning how to swim first.

give fingal sailing school a shout,in theyre training area the water is shallow plus youll have a lifejacket