Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

January 2nd 2010 :: Eircooled AGM

69bug

Bugless
Club Member
Just home myself now from the AGM, had a wee bit of a sleep in :), a good day, night was had. Nice to meet a few new faces I hadn't met before. About 10 if us stayed over in the hotel. Stayed in the bar for the night didn't venture into the "City" of Portlaoise...too fecking cold anyway....Bar kept serving till about 12.45/1.00am ish......

Most had left by the time I rose, Brian and Leslie were just leaving. Alice and Ross went on convoy back to Dublin also. Roads were good the whole way home, was in the daily driver so no complaints anyway.

p.s. Calendar looks good. Well done to all involved...

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Just in the door myself. Well done to everyone who braved the cold/ice. Had a great time. Can't wait for the Dublin/Tip meets in Portlaoise over the next few months!

Calendar looked brilliant (once I realised some of the pages weren't MEANT to be blank!!) :ROFLMAO:

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Just in the door myself. Well done to everyone who braved the cold/ice. Had a great time. Can't wait for the Dublin/Tip meets in Portlaoise over the next few months!

Calendar looked brilliant (once I realised some of the pages weren't MEANT to be blank!!) :ROFLMAO:

That was a test. Congratulations, you passed.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I had great craic! It was a bit of a laugh in the pub last night. Stayed in bed until 11.30 as well so I just caught Alice and Liam before they headed off too and Rez cam back to collect his car too. It was a nice drive back to Dublin too and I got a few things done on my car when I got home.

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............

Great day and night

Thanks again to all who turned up

So Brian did you get your treat.. . . . . .. (U had to be there)

Eddie is the video going to be on offical release?

whos is the white vw camper i no ive seen it befor.. and is the blue camper from tramore

There was 2 white campers. I own one of them. mine was the one in the big line
The Blue camper lives in Dublin..

P1000777.jpg

P1000780.jpg

P1000781.jpg

P1000783.jpg

P1000784.jpg

P1000785.jpg

P1000786.jpg

P1000789.jpg

P1000782.jpg

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
well it was certainly straighter than arriving in the carpark, acting the git I lifted the handbrake and arrived in sideways at 5mph. After I stopped the rest of them pointed out the cops in the other corner of the car park...

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Lads would it not make more sense to have our AGM in the summer?
The cars are out, the weathers good, and we can combine it with a show.

Like we could always do it on the way to Bugnut's Meath gathering, and then convoy
up to Meath and get there early. Then camp.
Just an idea, I know a lot of people won't take their pride and joy out in the winter.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I think the thinking behind the date is having a captive audience - everybody is usually at a loose end just after Christmas.

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
i take it the same arrangements can be put in place for the 2011 agm as above..( cant believe i never read this thread before...looks like an epic day with the weather playing no small part!)

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
i take it the same arrangements can be put in place for the 2011 agm as above..( cant believe i never read this thread before...looks like an epic day with the weather playing no small part!)

The AGM as said is the first weekend of the year when most people are still on Christmas holidays. The venue usually changes each year to give everone in the club the chance to make it to the meeting (but saying that Britt always make it from California via Portrush so distance shouldn't be a problem.) Portlaoise worked out good this year with a great turn out dispite the weather. For 2011 AGM I think we'll get our resident hotel booker man (Coxy) to see if he can find/book a better and more central location place for the majority of members.

Places the AGM has bee on before are:
1. 2007 Claremorris Co. Mayo
2. 2008 Coxy's house Co. Limerick
3. 2009 Mary's Family's restaurant Roscommon
4. 2010 Maldron hotel Portlaois