Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Volksworld Show 2011

V

Volksworld Show

FREE CLUB STAND AT THE 2011 VOLKSWORLD SHOW, 26-27 MARCH 2011
Clubs are the lifeblood of the VW scene, and there will be a substantial club area at The VolksWorld Show 2011. If you want your club to take part, simply call 0208 726 8342 or e mail adrian_vaughan@ipcmedia.com If you don’t want your club to miss out, make sure you register your interest now as space is limited. All VW clubs are welcome with space available for up to 5 cars per club.

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
its my 40th next year...trying to see if i can get permission from the "boss" to attend............

if its cheaper to bring a bug than fly over, i will do the maths and see if its do-able.

( a lot depending on lenihan and the fecking budget!)

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
I tend to go to Volksworld every two years and flying will definitely be cheaper but might be nice to represent the club with a few cars and some club space for a change?

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Sure one of the club cars was in the show last year and won a prize.
10 049.jpg
pencil.png

ceanne

Club Member
Club Member
December 29, 2008
co. kildare
would it still be cheaper if you have to add in car hire?
we reckon we could get the ferry return for less than 300 euro.

last year we got cheap flights,but were ripped of by hertz car hire at gatwick airport,all the hidden charges on the credit card when we got back..so i reckon it would be cheaper by boat,i just checked the price for the boat for that weekend,i rang irish ferries, and for a mpv and 2 adults its adout 263 euro return..the lady couldnt give an accurate price just yet..

Last edited:

Teresa Dollery

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2007
Limerick
FREE CLUB STAND AT THE 2011 VOLKSWORLD SHOW, 26-27 MARCH 2011
If you don’t want your club to miss out, make sure you register your interest now as space is limited. All VW clubs are welcome with space available for up to 5 cars per club.

Would it not make sense to register interest anyway and sort out whoes going at a later date,
at least the spaces will be kept.

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
i think i have a discount code lying around somewhere for the ferry....gives another 15% off.
if we decide to go, i will be travelling by ferry....might have room for 2 more. sure we can decide closer the date.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
if you have AXA insurance you can book the ferry through the AXA plus website and avail of a discount...

mac

Club Member
Club Member
Went Last year and had a blast -flew over, flight off the top of my head 100 bucks another 100 for the car 30 for digs -a little pricey but had a ball -if I go next year I'd drive and buy stuff over ,try split the ferry with some one looking for bulky parts or as someone said get a mini /big bus and charter that bitch over -that would be some laugh ,surely there was 15 members there last year ?

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I'd be up for this. I went with some Rule 6 guys in a T-25 and the ride over and back was just 1 big laugh. The Ferry ride over was so cool. Had dinner and breakfast on the boat and arrived in Liverpool at 6 am. 1 year we flew over and had arrainged to drive back in a 70 Squreback that Stevie H was going to buy. It was not up to snuff so he didn't buy it. So we had no way home. I'd noticed a 84 GTI for sale with 2 weeks MOT left on it in the carpark for 400 STG, we figured we could all pitch in and buy it cheaper than the flights home would be. Stevie offers the kid 200 Stg and buys it! We had a blast driving that thing all the way up through Scotland to catch the boat home. As we were about to go into the Ferry terminal and the Scottish lady checking our passports ( mean looking old hag) waved us through the upper radiator hose broke. I jumped out and with a borrowed knife and pliars and screwdriver cut the hose back, loosened the upper radiator clamps and tilted the radiator back enough to re attach the hose and off we went. Down time less than 5 minutes! Great thing is Stevie sold it for 800 Stg when he got it home!

Last edited: