Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

The Bug Movie - All Ireland Premiere 28th May Newcastle

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
JumpStart video ready as well as an OXO 2016 video ready for their world premiere in Newcastle!! Did you car make the cut!! Also we have a commemorative sticker produced for every entrant.

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Thanks Ratty Oval.

Today has been surreal. Collected Damon and Elisabeth Ristau and the are staying here in the Derg this evening. These guys are just such lovely and genuine people. They have been floored by the welcome and support from the Irish Dub community for this movie. Damon makes his living making movies for various businesses and organisations who commission him. the Bus and now the Bug Movie is his own passion. I can only begin to imagine the sacrifice it has taken to get it made and finished - with four kids under age of 11.

One of the nicest things he said was that it was the support of the Irish dub community over the last year that helped him get this movie across the line.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Warrenpoint 12noon at the shore car park Osbourne terrace. Damon will be there drving my Java Green beetle!!

Have to pinch myself that as well as the craic in the sun in stunning Newcastle. We also have a brand new documentary movie of the Bug Movie - the car that started it all. This is its third showing in the world and the FIRST as a drive in!!

OH and we have a 1948 beetle booked to come!!

get firing up those dubs. See you at the Movies. NCC NBOC Eircooled making history on the Emerald isle

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
If you haven't bought your ticket get online now because this is shaping up to be THE event of 2016 :cool:

It's only the 3rd screening of the movie worldwide and the ONLY drive-in so grab yourself a piece of VW history and bring your VeeDub to the movies!!!!!

I think we all get excited about travelling to big shows like Stanny Hall and European Bug In but this is something that no other country in the world has AND it's in our little country! This event is going to be covered on Volksworld Magazine, Irish Vintage Scene and Retro Classics so get yourself to Warrenpoint for the cruise tomorrow @ 12noon or just head along to the Bug Movie premiere in Newcastle for 8pm

Well done to Peter and Alistair for all the work you've put in. Top job (y)

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
Well done Pete and all involved for your hard efforts. It's going to be a great weekend. Can't wait... Will be a few hours behind the Warrenpoint meet, but hope to see you all in Donard. The '66 beetle has been dusted down and just about all set. Last time I drove the Beetle was Jumpstart 2014 besides being driven last year for our wedding. Really excited about movie, meeting up and drive, like Christmas morning! :)
See you all there. Safe driving all...

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Guys meeting at the shore car park Osbourne Terrace at 12noon. When you come into warrenpoint you'll see the square car park. Take right there bit go past it to the shore front it then sweeps round to the left and the car park down there on your right. If you can't see the shore your in the wrong car park!! There's bugs and buses buzzing around Newcastle today already!! This gonna be incredible. Making history on the Emerald isle. This could only happen in Ireland! Get the sunnies on and get up here tomorrow. Only a few tickets left. Utv to be with us in the afternoon. The Ristaus will be in my bug on the cruise to meet y'all

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Fuck me

change of plans didn't stay over but just home

The movie was class the organisation was fantastic and friendly
well done team
havng the producer strolling around recommending the bus's move forward .........

My first and hopefully not last drive in movie, a truely fantastic experience

Velvet

Club Member
Club Member
December 17, 2013
Clane
Looks like a great turn out, I see Coxy supporting barretstown too ����

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
We had a great time. Well done all as said. Movie, vdubs, scenery, craic and drinks all added to a great atmosphere...