Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Silver 74 1303

quattro

August 20, 2008
Cork
06032009.jpg
This is my '74 1303 that I got last year. It's been a great car for me but I know it's not my ultimate fantasy. A new found lack of space and some cash problems, coupled with that fact that I can do nothing meaningful to maintain it myself mean that I've decided to get rid...

I've spent a bit on it since I've had iit and there's tons of good bit but the bad bits are as follows,

Needs headliner
Rust on front valance (repairable I believable)
Rusty tail pipes
Bump on drivers quarter panel
Needs drivers running board refitted/ replaced
Needs pass side rear wing ideally
4" gouge on drivers front wing (barely visible in pics)
Needs radio
*Needs Wiper motor
*Blowing bulbs and fuses for tail lamps and wiper motor.
Tail lamps need replacing
Hesitation in engine under light acceleration (though I have it on good authority that it'll run 100% on a new carb)
Solid and respectable otherwise- suspension and steering was given a clean bill of health recently...

I could be all coy about it but let's say I want €2.5k and I'll consider all offers.

Based in Cork. Call Ian on 087 6567056.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I just remembered I was behind you one morning at Cobh Cross/Fota retail park recently, car looks great.

Good luck with the sale. ;)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I remember seeing this car for sale at the VolksWorld show, it was gorgeous then, it still is now :)

Best of luck with the sale...

by the way, did you fit the small steering wheel?

quattro

August 20, 2008
Cork
I remember seeing this car for sale at the VolksWorld show, it was gorgeous then, it still is now :)

Best of luck with the sale...

by the way, did you fit the small steering wheel?

Thanks for the good wishes folks. I will be sad to see her go but to me, there's just more saying shift it than keep it.

Trev, I have the steering wheel to return to you. I felt you were right so it didn't last too long. I had it with me at a show or two in case you were about. Do you want me to post it back to you?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
that's them riggsi ;)

quattro, re the steering wheel, I thought you might have it fitted and if you did then well and good. However, since you don't, it would solve my steering wheel search for the derby nicely!! No hurry getting it back to me, if you're going to the Fermoy show (might be a good place to try sell the 1303, maybe?) then I'll meet you there...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
that's them riggsi ;)
No hurry getting it back to me, if you're going to the Fermoy show (might be a good place to try sell the 1303, maybe?) then I'll meet you there...

oops!! just checked the dates and I won't be in the country for the Fermoy show. Hang onto it for me and I'll meet you somewhere along the way.

Sorry for the thread hijack above BTW ;)

*bump* for a lovely silver bug at a nice price