Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

September 7th, 8th, 9th 2007 :: Vanfest

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Claire said:
Kinnegad sounds good but maybe a little later than 5pm - we will be at the port for ages otherwise :) Do ye reckon 6pm in Kinnegad will be ok?

yep - i think that even leaves us time for a bite to eat and stuff in dublin - 6 it is so 8)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
i think we only get breakfast on the boat

as for 6 or 6.30 - how about somewhere between the two and then we will all be happy - donkey boy

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
we've been on it a few times before and got both meals - maybe it has changed :? won't be upset either way :lol:

6pm to 6:30pm sounds grand to me - will pass the message on to my driver at a later time :lol:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
i don't know - never been on that ferry - was just my assumption but may not be based on anything i saw or read :lol: it happens me sometimes - things just pop into my head

if that was the case there is no rush since we won't be needing to stop for a bite - i'll check it out

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
yep - tis included with "most ticket types"

For our evening crossings the menu consists of a selection of starters (vegetable soup with a crusty bread rol & assorted fresh salads) followed by a main course that typically includes

Battered Cod Served with a Lemon Wedge
Lasagne (traditional Italian dish)
Roast Beef (sliced roast beef in a rich gravy)
Homemade Steak Pie
Vegetarian meal available on request
Roasted & new potatoes, seasonal vegetables
This is followed by a selection of desserts.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
do ye not drink claire? neither does edel - what is up with ye wimmen at all? wanda drinks like a fish unfortunately - i worked out that it will cost about €200 in petrol to get to Malvern and back :) ah well - bout the same as i'll spend on beer so fair is fair

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
I leaving Dublin Port on Friday morning on the fast craft Swift - must check my route, If I am in the mmod I'll drive th senic route via Snowdonia. SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!

HUGH

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Mad Max said:
do ye not drink claire? neither does edel - what is up with ye wimmen at all? wanda drinks like a fish unfortunately - i worked out that it will cost about €200 in petrol to get to Malvern and back :) ah well - bout the same as i'll spend on beer so fair is fair

used to drink but the reduction to one kidney isn't the best job in the world :wink: could be old age too 8)

Yeah, vans drink petrol alright but alteast we have a nice bit of motorway driving so it won't be too bad :)

mary72

July 28, 2007
woodstock, Galway
Ted cant get time off work, so i will be flying solo :(.... with no radio :(....... but still looking forward to it... :D :D :D :D ......... think its safe to downsize the 5 man tent :lol: so when and where are we meeting in galway?

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I see you've found the smiley cupboard :) Edel & I have to drop the little one off in Ballinasloe so we'll probably just meet ye in Kinegad at 6.30pm (or Ballinasloe at about 5 if ye like??). Pity about Ted. Do you want the loan of a portable amplifier for you ipod or walkman type musical device? It is very loud and very good sound.

mary72

July 28, 2007
woodstock, Galway
ya was feelin a bit down, being a loner now so cheered myself up with smiley faces.... its working :D .....ya that would be cool, i will have to find an ipod first, think my brother has one! sure give me a shout when your free and i will get it off ya! cheers

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
ye can have me ipod as well if ye like - what sorta music are you into? - if ye like bob dylan, the doors, travellin wilburys, jethro tull, thin lizzy, the kinks, the who (all as old as yer car) then ye'll be good with my preinstalled selection!! - if not feel free to put your own crud on it :D