Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Request from BARRETSTOWN

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
She sent the mail below a few months ago but it never arrived
They rang me today and I asked for her to send me on the mail again.

Hi Declan,*
My name is Bernie I am the assistant camp director here at Barretstown camp for children with serious illnesses.
I was just wondering if you and your group would like to visit Barretstown this year? For of our summer sessions we have groups of cars come down to give our campers a spin around the site before their disco.It is a really fun hour which the children absolutely love so if you are still interested and would like to come to camp that would be fantastic. If you could email me or give me a call on*045*********that would be fantastic and I can explain it a little more. The date and time we were hoping you could come would be*7pm*on Thursday the 11th*of July.*It would only be for about an hour as there are 120 children and we just drive around the site here at camp and drop them off at our Theatre.I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.Best wishes,Bernie*

What do people think
Anyone around that evening?
I plan on going down if there is a few of us..

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
An excellent cause and one we as a club should promote.

Deckie is going to move this into the public folders in the hope of getting as many cars as possible. I have spoken to a few of the lads already this morning about coming along and they are up for it. There are loads of guys living within the Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow area so I expect big numbers to come along.

Last edited:

kieran

Club Member
Club Member
February 29, 2008
the van
An excellent cause and one we as a club should promote.

Deckie is going to move this into the public folders in the hope of getting as many cars as possible. I have spoken to a few of the lads already this morning about coming along and they are up for it. There are loads of guys living within the Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow area so I expect big numbers to come along.

Great cause. Paula is a big supporter already so we might try and make it. All the way from Kilkenny.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Anyone else lads this really seems like a good cause i'll be doin my best to get there. if we can't support this we my leave it so. could even act as a mini meet!

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I can't be absolutely sure yet but if I can I'll be there. I'll be a lot more certain by Sunday evening - got a lot to do to get the bus back together

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I'm trying to get off work Thursday evening for this and if theirs no objections (providing turnout is decent) I'll try get some promotion in work for Barretstown and the club in general.

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
We could meet in Blessington and then arrive together.. This is a really good idea and worthy of our support. It would be a shame if we cannot round up a few bodies for this.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I agree.

We could meet in Blessington and then arrive together.. This is a really good idea and worthy of our support. It would be a shame if we cannot round up a few bodies for this.

Anybody else around? as Coxy said plenty cars sitting around Leinster.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
If my bus behaves itself tomorrow and i can bring it to work on Thurs (i.e. don't need car for work), i'll be able to make it.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Ok guys & gals. We all know this is a great cause and hopefully none of you will have reason to make use of their facilities with either yours or your friends' children but if you did, I think you'd love to see a club like ours making an effort to brighten up their day. We have enough members nationwide to make this great but even taking into account the fact it's a school day, surely we can get 20 cars to this from the locality.

I'm really hoping club members (and non members if you want to invite them) from Laois, Meath, Kildare, Dublin, Wicklow etc will attend. What about it so? Darren? Darragh? Aidan? PJ? Deckie? Stump? Tsar? Graham? Ross? Lazy? Alice? SteveR? Raftery? BeetleBug? Ann73? Tim? .............

List time:
1. Rascal1 (Westy)
2. Coxy ('65 Beetle)
3. Beag ('66 Split Bus)
4. Duts (Abbeylexican)
5. KNK ('54 Oval Ragtop)
6. Rocky (Split Camper)
7. VWBeetle1500 (in his 1500)

Last edited:

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
BeetleBug? Ann73? Tim? .............List time:1. Rascal1 (Westy)2. Coxy ('65 Beetle)3. Beag ('66 Split Bus)4. Duts (Abbeylexican)5. KNK ('54 Oval Ragtop)6. Rocky (Split Camper)7. VWBeetle1500 (in his 1500)8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.

Yip My phone don't like carriage returns.
Add me westy