Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

MLVW show

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
They will have to let you in
Of course they would if it was an eircooled show. It would be well located for a show its a large venue and I think it might get a large turnout. Even when we were parked outside loads of cars slowed down to see the fastback, and some pulled in for the old chat. I think air cooleds will always get the interest.
You could then be the resident video maker, well done on that.:)

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
You could then be the resident video maker, well done on that.:)
Thanks Tim.
It would be well located for a show its a large venue and I think it might get a large turnout.
How would you go about organising it? Would it be expensive to create it? Would it be possible to have it later this year? I have so many questions. I would do it if I know what I was doing and got some help

Last edited:

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Well I know the venue owner very, very well. I worked for him nearly 20 years as an architectural joiner, so I could run it by him off the cuff. he is a sound man and ok to deal with. I might see him during the week on another matter.I'm not sure he was ever asked about it, so I am not going to step on anyone's toes here over it.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I dont know whether the venue owner was ever approached by eircooled as a club about holding a show there, so I am not going charging in where its not my place to do so.

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
What the story with the place. There was a bunch of American cars parked there. Does he rent it out for shows or events? We could ask him politely if we could host a show there.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Its the club house for the American Car Club. All sorts of activities take place there constantly. From car shows to bingo, and mindfulness and well being events.
Naturally he could be asked politely, but thats a decision for someone with the appropriate pay grade here to decide on. And I would have no idea who that would be.

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
I would be up for that and I am sure if we get a couple of heads together we could make it a good show. Anyone interested? If so we should make a new thread and float the idea with the club. No harm giving the nboc type2 folks and any other air-cooled a shout either and come up with something.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I would be up for that and I am sure if we get a couple of heads together we could make it a good show. Anyone interested? If so we should make a new thread and float the idea with the club. No harm giving the nboc type2 folks and any other air-cooled a shout either and come up with something.
More the merrier. I cant see Joe having a problem with it, and I would be willing to run it by him to get some details. Yeah biddlebop, build the thread, and they will come;)

Reactions: biddlebop

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Its the club house for the American Car Club. All sorts of activities take place there constantly. From car shows to bingo, and mindfulness and well being events.
Naturally he could be asked politely, but thats a decision for someone with the appropriate pay grade here to decide on. And I would have no idea who that would be.
There aren't any pay grades in the Eircooled car club! We're all enthusiasts and volunteer our time and efforts to the club, as you know. Some of us have defined jobs to do within the club while anyone is welcome to try out new ideas. If we can at all, we'll row in behind and support them. If you want to tentatively find out about the feasibility of hosting a show then by all means, please do. Let us know what you discover and if it looks like it might be a runner, we'll do all we can as a club to support and promote it.

Thanks Tim, Noah, Enda for hatching the plan. Let's see where it goes!

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Nice one Trev and thanks for the support .we will do some investigations and get back to you with our findings. I hope that there might be a want for air-cooled show out there. Fingers crossed 🤞👍🤔😁

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Hey Enda get set for a spin locally soon. Talking to the lads there would be a 2 beetles, 2 Type 3 fastbacks, 2 type 2's, and maybe a few more, maybe a couple of yank vintage pickups. And the 67 Variant if I get the documents sorted.:)

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
Hey Enda get set for a spin locally soon. Talking to the lads there would be a 2 beetles, 2 Type 3 fastbacks, 2 type 2's, and maybe a few more, maybe a couple of yank vintage pickups. And the 67 Variant if I get the documents sorted.:)
Take a few pictures please and post them here

Reactions: Tim