Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

May 3rd, 4th 2008 :: Strandhill Camping Weekend

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
alma & myself should be there sat night but we'll definitely be there for the sunday night.

We have a wedding friday and it depends on how hungover i am!!

F

Freshair

Ted & Christine - can arrive early Saturday in the T2, leaving early Sunday. Don't need elec hookup. Directions would help!

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
shuggie - i'll pay for the camp site for both nights anyways and i'll make it up as soon as i can

i could give money to ruairi to take care of the bill

george

T

Tayto

Emma, Lorcan, Andrew, Aine and Peter arriving Friday with 2 campers + a tent. Aine and Andrew + 1 camper probably leaving Sunday night and the rest of us staying until Monday.

Thanks, Emma

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
Was out at campsite tonight talking to Tom the owner - he'll reserve the field we were in last year - it has 4 leckie hook ups with a shower loo block close by.

The charge is €17.00 per night per family unit whether you use leckie or not, tent or camper.

When you enter the campsite immediately turn left and continue until you enter a square field - thats our spot.

To get to Strandhill, drive into Sligo from whereever and look out for airport signs as the campsite is very close to the airport

If your coming in from Dublin N4 side, you come to the end of dualcabbage way at a round about, take the only exit down a hill through two sets of lights and turn left at the railway station where you see signs for airport/strandhill, its about 8 miles out.

If your travelling from the North you'll pick up Airport/Dublin signs and turn right at the railway station.

If you want to go cross country leave the N4 dualcabbage way at Ballisodare/Ballina turn off but go straight under railway bridge and follow the signs.

One in Strandhill head for the airport once on the airport road take aleft along along avenue through gates with a portocabin on your left, go left immediately and head straingh on, I'll be there about 5.00 pm

see you all then.

SHUGGIE

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
If we have the field that means if can turn up even if you have not confirmed on here (right Shuggie?). So if you are bored on Sat or if your plans change then make your way to Strandhill and meet up with us :)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I think I will be there actually. I'll go down after work on Saturday. I got my car running well and my overdrive is working now too so I want to take it on a good run.

Edit: I'm a definite. I'll be there Saturday evening. Im heading down straight after work. Oh, and I'm bringing the eircooled gazebo!

Last edited:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
The weather is supposed to be a bit hit and miss for the weekend. Warm but with showers and some heavy rain. Marvellous! And I'm going to be in a bloody tent! I hope its waterproof. It was only el cheapo tent.

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
I'll be there tomorrow from about 5.00 pm onwards - keep an eye out for orange beetle

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
looks like ill be there first (God willing)

If the mean green machine gets me there!!

We are leaving in the next 4 or 5 hours

see yall tomorrow

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
See you tomorrow then! Ill be there at around 8. I need to spend this evening rooting out my sleeping bag and tent and all that associated camping parphenalia, and then trying to squash it into the tiny boot of my car. Its such a long time since Ive slept in a tent.