Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

May 25th - 27th, 2007 :: Strandhill Camping Weekend

2cv

I'm expecting to be there around 10 (ish). I might need a hand setting up my tent.. I'm not exacly Bob the Builder you know :) Any volunteers?

LOL

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Steve D said:
Anybody got any ideas as to which way to go to strandhill one you get to the border ay blacklion coming from the enniskillen direction? Through sligo town or cross country? Maybe there's and even better way - Beleek / Ballyshannon direction?

Couldn't tell you that, but I use www.map24.com and it is excellent - you can zoom in and out and all that lark.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Steve D said:
Anybody got any ideas as to which way to go to strandhill one you get to the border ay blacklion coming from the enniskillen direction? Through sligo town or cross country? Maybe there's and even better way - Beleek / Ballyshannon direction?

My route planner is directing me from manorhamilton down the r280 through dromahair, and ballisodare.

:roll: :roll:

Been a whilst since i've been down that neck of the woods. Not sure about what the roads are like now - is the new road over the mountain ever finished?

:?

I'd imagine it'll be very late before we get down. Been a busy week so far and it ain't getting any easier. Still need to get the van packed up etc. And buy some liquid refreshments and munchies.

If I was you and you are coming from Enniskillen direction then the most direct way is to Monaorhamilton, SLigo town and then after you cross the Bridge in Sligo you will take a right...might be the second one - it should be signposted for Stranhill or Sligo airport and it is just out here..

this is what Hugh said..

As you approach Strandhill you'll encounter a small roundabout, take the second exit down the hill and you'll come to a Church and a T junction, turn right and almost immediately turn right onto the airport road, you'll see a sign post for caravan park (blue) go down the airport road and you'll see a left hand turn into the caravan park, once in the caravan park turn left and keep goiung and yoo'll see our field second field on the left.

See you there...in case you are stuck or lost or whatever..here are some numbers

Claire 087 7800519

Tom 087 7826371

See you there 8)

2cv

Anybody driving up from the South on Friday evening? If so, let me know and we can drive up in convoy... Strength in numbers and stuff :)

2cv

Cécile is bringing me up... Well, let's hope she'll make it. She hasn't done 1000 mls since her engine rebuild, so i don't know what to expect really. She behaved pretty well on the Ring of Kerry run a few weeks ago though...

2cv

What you mean? the tent is for cecile, i'm sleeping rough :)
LOL

:irish:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I'll have my camper van to sleep in \:D/ =D> =P~ 8) :lol: :hubba: :Heart: :combi1: :irish:

2cv

Yeah yeah yeah :)

LOL

anyway, Cécile looks like she's all set for the journey. I on the other hand, no too sure :) It's one hell of a drive. I might have to have a few drinks when i get there :)

Hope to be there around 9ish, but considering Cécile's F1 performance levels, it'll probably be closer to 10 or even 11 by the time i get there. :)

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
2cv said:
Yeah yeah yeah :)

LOL

anyway, Cécile looks like she's all set for the journey. I on the other hand, no too sure :) It's one hell of a drive. I might have to have a few drinks when i get there :)

Hope to be there around 9ish, but considering Cécile's F1 performance levels, it'll probably be closer to 10 or even 11 by the time i get there. :)

we arrived in achill last weekend after 1am (who cares)

as long as you get there in one piece :)

we will be leaving ballymoney at 5pm ish, and aa route planner says its 230 miles, or 2 and a half hours :shock:

we will se how quick romeo can get us down the road :lol:

looking forward to this, hope the weather holds out to get the tent up!

see yall there

2cv

dazza said:
aa route planner says its 230 miles, or 2 and a half hours :shock:

230 miles in 2.5h? Maybe in a Ferrari on German autobahns, yes, but somehow i don't think you're going to pull this off on Irish roads :)

My route planner says 215 mls (from work) in 4h50... in a 2CV? I don't think so...
:)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Great thanks goes out to all who came to Strandhill '07 meet 8)

Folk travelled great distances with a variety of vehicles which was great :)

Don't know how many came - never couunted them but it was fantastic to have our very own camping field all to ourselves :)

We had beetles, karmann ghia, bays, T25's, Splitscreen and T4 8) 8) 8)

Dave - 2CV
Claire Herbie
Tom - bay and Karmann (and kids )
Hugh & co beetle and tent
Julie & Co tent
Eamonn - beetle and T4
Ruairi & Co - Bay
Darryl, Emma and Kids - T25 devon
Derek & Linda (coming to the run on Saturday) - 2CV
Hayley & Co. - Spiltscreen
Norah and Declan (Friday nite) - beetle
Fitz and Co. - T25
Peasant - T25
Andylad and Una - T25
Seamus - T4
Richard & kids - bus
Northern cousins with 2 more beetles

Met Taylor aswell who came along in his golf - sold the T25!!!!

The weather each day was great - we didn't mind the rain coming in the evening!!! :lol:

Had a lovely drive on Saturday - went to the Organic market first of all then off to the waterfalls at Glencar (Co. Leitrim!!! :wink: ), then over to visit the resting place of W.B. Yeats in Drumcliffe and a little snack in the coffee shop and then the highlight of hte day for me was the visit to Lissadell House!!!! We had a tour of hte house and grounds and gardens there before returning to base where we soon got the barbeques lighting and the chefs got busy!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting up with everybody again at the next meet!!!

Next weekend we have Riverstown show on here in SLigo and then we will be heading off to the Limerick show on Sunday (but camping the night before in the Coillte forest campsite!!!)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
pix001-1.jpg

pix002-1.jpg

pix003-1.jpg

pix004-1.jpg

pix005.jpg

pix006.jpg