Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

May 25th - 27th, 2007 :: Strandhill Camping Weekend

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Dave
Claire, Tom and kids
Ross and Andrea
Hugh & co
Julie & Co
Eamonn
Ruairi & Co
Steve, Sharon & Emily.
Darryl, Emma and Abe
Derek & Linda (coming to the run on Saturday)
Hayley & Co.

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
Dave
Claire, Tom and kids
Ross and Andrea
Hugh & co
Julie & Co
Eamonn
Ruairi & Co
Steve, Sharon & Emily.
Darryl, Emma and Kids
Hayley & Co.

left home yesterday at 7pm, got to achill island (type2 ireland meet)at 1 am, stayed in hotel carpark, got up this morning and drove to campsite, there was a grand total of 1 volkswagen there (and that was mine)

bit of a downer driving so far in this weather and no one else turning up......

now we are in strandhill, getting a sneak preview of next weekend, looks excellent, weather is picking up too......really looking forward to next weekend

se yall there

d and e

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
you have virtually driven passed our house!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give us a rinf if ye want to pop here and stay over

071 9120901...we are about 30 minutes away :)

What a long drive you have had :(

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
achill is gorgeous with or without volkswagens - last year a few people turned up very late (it is along drive from Dublin) hopefully you did not spend the whole weekend alone

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
you are all very kind to offer assistance, but we had a great time, the trip to achill was amaizing, the scenery was beautiful, then moving up to sligo was ideal, my most fave place in ireland to visit, spent alot of time working in sligo when i was younger, always loved the place, just has a good feel to it, stayed there for ages when we were piling for a few new buildings on Ballast quay (think the buildings are a toy shop now)

Remember well jumping onto the big cruise liner (think it came from st.petersburg), very interesting.

Friendly people too. Cant wait for strandhill again next weekend, kids cant wait too

see you all there, can discuss all of my mechanical mishaps with eamon :lol:

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Dave
Claire, Tom and kids
Ross and Andrea
Hugh & co
Julie & Co
Eamonn
Ruairi & Co
Steve, Sharon & Emily.
Darryl, Emma and Kids
Hayley & Co.
Norah and Declan (Firday nite)

2cv

I'm coming up on Friday night. Will there be many there or should i hold off until Satuday morning?

2cv

Cool, so will i then :) It could end up being quite late, i have a bit of a drive ahead of me :) I'll be leaving work at 4.

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
directions

directions

From Dublin side and points south drive into Sligo on the dual carriage-way turning left at the railway station and its a simple 8 mile drive straight out to Strandhill.

Coming from Donegal or the North cross Hughes Bridge and turn right at the Railway station heading for Strandhill.

As you approach Strandhill you'll encounter a small roundabout, take the second exit down the hill and you'll come to a Church and a T junction, turn right and almost immediately turn right onto the airport road, you'll see a sign post for caravan park (blue) go down the airport road and you'll see a left hand turn into the caravan park, once in the caravan park turn left and keep goiung and yoo'll see our field second field on the left.

See you all soon.

SHUGGIE

F

Fitz

I'm a newbie, and this is my first post

Myself and OH + our two mutts will come to Strandhill... if the watercooled T25s are welcome... :wink:

F

Fitz

We shall most likely see you so...

We'll be the ones struggling to erect our new awning :lol:

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Dave
Claire, Tom and kids
Ross and Andrea
Hugh & co
Julie & Co
Eamonn
Ruairi & Co
Steve, Sharon & Emily.
Darryl, Emma and Kids
Hayley & Co.
Norah and Declan (Friday nite)
Fitz and Co.
Peasant

I think there are more too but I can't remember who said they would now....

copy and add to the list then so 8)

S

Steve D

Anybody got any ideas as to which way to go to strandhill one you get to the border ay blacklion coming from the enniskillen direction? Through sligo town or cross country? Maybe there's and even better way - Beleek / Ballyshannon direction?

My route planner is directing me from manorhamilton down the r280 through dromahair, and ballisodare.

:roll: :roll:

Been a whilst since i've been down that neck of the woods. Not sure about what the roads are like now - is the new road over the mountain ever finished?

:?

I'd imagine it'll be very late before we get down. Been a busy week so far and it ain't getting any easier. Still need to get the van packed up etc. And buy some liquid refreshments and munchies.