Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

May 25th - 27th, 2007 :: Strandhill Camping Weekend

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
Hi Volks,

Eircooled are having a meet in Strandhill Camping Park on the weekend of the 25 - 27 of May next, The Park is beside the sea at Strandhill, 8 miles from Sligo and I have spoken to Tom Corcoran of the Caravan Park and the week end of the 25-27th May is not prebooked to any great extent and he can accomodate all comers, if he had a idea of numbers he can rope off an area so that we can all be together.

Camping fees will be €17 per unit plus €2 for two persons and €4 for lecky, if there are sufficient persons camping he'll drop the sum to €20 per night.

Strandhill is world famous for surfing, there are two mighty pubs within staggering distance of the Camping park and the beach, plenty of good food places.

You can google the camping site by simply "camping strandhill" and you can have a look.

Put the above dates in your diary.

HUGH
SHUGGIE

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Hope to have a really nice trip out on Saturday of that weekend where we will get other aircooled drivers to join in for a lovely scenic drive who might not be up to the camping lark!!!! :) The more the merrier - what did Shuggie say about the two pubs? within staggering distance!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shuggie

Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
The Strand pub and the Countess are within staggering distance, the Strand has a Chinese and a French restaurant upstairs, the Countess does grub as well.

Might I suggest a run from Strandhill to Lissadel and a tour of the garden and the house - was out there last Friday and well worth a visit.

SHUGGIE

shuggie

Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
Had a good mouch around the caravan park in Strandhill while Julie was surfing, plenty and space and great location.

It was really packed being Easter Weekend.

shuggie

Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
UPDATE POSTED ON NBOC WEBSITE

Update on Strandhill meet

Camp site is available and prices will be €17.00 per bus/bug €2 for extra person and Lecky €4 rounded down to €20 per night depending on numbers

We'll have our own area and there are two excellent pubs close by within staggering distance, Beirnes strand bar and the Countess - also there is a good chinese and a french restaurant, there is also a very good pizza take away as well.

Plenty of beach walking and a good mountain to climb (Knocknarea) with a Cairn on the top being the reputed burial place of Queen Maeve of Connaught who lies buried facing North having , I climb it every morning before work (I live close by) the beach is great for surfing but is closed to swimmers as there are currents and traps so Life guards are not provided by the County Council anymore.

When you arrive in Sligo follow signs for Strandhill or Airport, on arrival in Strandhill take the turn for the airport and then take a left up an avenue to the campsite, we'll have signs to shepherd you to our area.

SHUGGIE

shuggie

Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
PUT THIS EVENT IN YOUR DIARY NOW

IF THE LAST MONTHS WEATHER HAS BEEN ANYTHING TO GO MY WE'LL HAVE TO PUT FACTOR 20 ON OUR VEHICLES

S

Steve D

Going to try and make it down for this one folks.

Steve, Sharon & Emily.