Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

March 24th, 25th 2007 :: Volksworld

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
great stuff!!!! Lucky you 8)

We were there early last year too cos we stayed over on the Friday and Saturday nights - flying with a fair few others from Dublin this time at 8am to Gatwick so it will all depend on the traffic what time we'll get there :(

Quality show in my opinion 8)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Bearing in mind I am going by train and plane I don't mind getting stuff for people. Just keep it small :) Pictures, part numbers, and max price in STG appreciated.

woolydave

Club Member
Club Member
November 16, 2006
Kildare
We (myself & wife) will be heading over on the Friday afternoon as my mate needs a hand transporting his gear to Sandown and setting up his stall, etc. We finish at about 8:30pm and then up at 6am the next morning for the main event, counting down the hours :)

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Hi Ruairi

I'm looking for 1 center piece for my empi 8 spoke wheels.
AC601741.jpg

I found them on sff

3-Ear Spinners
To fit EMPI 8, EMPI 5 and Riviera wheels. Supplied in sets of four with hardware.

They screw onto a cylinderical threaded tube that has 3 allen studs in it
The studs hold it onto the back of the wheel

Condition isn't to important as the rest look sh1t and are gonna get redone soon

and 10 pound stg tops for the 2 parts

Only if you come across one, don't worry about it you don't :D

Thanks man
See in curry the week after if you can make it.

Cheers

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Deckie27 said:
Well did we all have a good time?

It was very good - we all looked for your spinners and Claire got a name of some place that does them new (but I think you have that already), so no luck. The show was very good - lots of show cars and stalls. I bought feck all because I had no way of carrying stuff, but I did get a nice 2 speed fan system for the camper with switches, panels, and wiring all included (thanks Eamonn!!). I also got a switch for my previously acquired heated rear windscreen which means I will have defogging capabilities front and rear soon!!! Oh the joy of it all. All I need now is a modern engine to provide power to it all :) Speaking of which - Danbury were there with their new campers - a bay window with a 1.4 w/c petrol Polo engine in the back - not one I'd fancy driving too up many mountains!!!

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I'll post some pictures tonight I left the camera at home. Did Tom and Claire make it home yet? They were a little bit tired after all the walking around the show. It was a great show and I'm thinking about next year already!

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
A 1.4 polo engine would be puting out about the same power as a 1.6 flat four, if not a bit more, it being a more modern engine. In Brazil the new bays use a 1.6 polo engine with a rad on the front panel. Looks great actually.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
airhead said:
A 1.4 polo engine would be puting out about the same power as a 1.6 flat four, if not a bit more, it being a more modern engine. In Brazil the new bays use a 1.6 polo engine with a rad on the front panel. Looks great actually.

Will you be quiet :D

The point is the flat 4 was invented in 1492 by Christopher Columbus - if they were going to put a modern engine in it you would think it would be a 2.0TDi

The highlights for me were the engine building demo, the auto-jumble, the show cars, and the craic.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
back home alright- very tired and very broke :( would have been great to have had today off but c'est la vie!

Will definitely go back again next year - might take a Knock flight next year and drive across London instead - shame they stopped the Gatwick flights :roll:

Great show - great cars - great company 8)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Hi Deckie,

Karmann connection are the only place I found that do them but htey did not have any with them.

They sell them for 40 GBP a set, I think :?

nad they set they might have some single ones floating about - here is their number

00 44 1072 601155