Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

LIMERICK VW SHOW 2011 , Sunday May 29th

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
It was a great day today... Well done to Trev on the Audi, top job. I actually got a sunburn believe it or not. Fair play to Rez on the music, great choice of music.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
thanks for all the congrats lads, I'm thrilled with it :)

I'm just in the door now after starting the day at 6AM! I got up, got it running finally (but only barely!) and didn't feel brave/foolish enough to make it's maiden voyage a 160 mile round trip to Limerick. Marty who painted the car had offered a lend of his trailer if I needed it so I set out for his place near Clane at 8 and got home with it at 10. At this stage I can only imagine people were beginning to arrive at the show. I was still at home. So I got the car up on the trailer, lost a little underseal on the way up (!) and drove s-l-o-w-l-y to Limerick. Not out of choice, the poor old Passat was under pressure to drag the trailer with the car on it, into a pretty strong headwind. The hills on the motorway never seemed so steep or so bloody long before. I was down to third gear on some of them. I arrvied fashionably late to the show and I managed to drive the car the last 100 yards into the showground. I was amazed by the reaction to it! Thrilled :) Thanks to everyone who wished me well today, ye're all a great crowd. Except beag and Liam, they're pricks. The journey home was much easier on the Passat, the wind had died and I as able to maintain good progress the whole way home. Lost another bit of underseal coming off the trailer too! Another job for the snag list ;)

The icing on the cake was to get a prize for my efforts. I'm delighted with it. But I was only one of many Eircooler's that took home silverware. Off the top of my head I saw Padraig Kvinyl, Brendan O'Brien, Tsar Dirty1, Donal Dollery, Liam 69bug, PJ GBOF with awards (Hope I haven't forgotten anyone!) so it was a good day for Eircooled members all round. Great day out too, the weather held up, put a few more faces to names, met some new people, shook a lot of hands! I'm bollixed now so I'm off to bed :)

Last edited:

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
A few more pics from yesterday ...

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

IMG_5913.jpg

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Great show. Well done to Kev & Mac for the tunes. A MASSIVE congrats to Trev for getting the Audi there. It looked amazing from every angle and is a credit to your skill as a restorer with the fabrication but your attention to detail is off the chain as Mac says when he's all ghetto :p
One car that really looked the bizz was Beag's black Beetle which you may recall was red not so long ago. I love the fact that he even removed the half moon vents on both rear quarters. It bodywork is straight as can be and the paint is flawless. Well done Graham (y)
LimerickShow29-5-11315.jpg

LimerickShow29-5-11314.jpg

LimerickShow29-5-11354.jpg

The car of ths show for us all I think
LimerickShow29-5-11383.jpg

LimerickShow29-5-11384.jpg

LimerickShow29-5-11385.jpg

LimerickShow29-5-11366.jpg

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Beag's new car looked spot on
LimerickShow29-5-11395.jpg

LimerickShow29-5-11392.jpg

Justin's car always looks great
LimerickShow29-5-11371.jpg

Rocky's new car looked nice and an intersting story behind it too from all accounts
LimerickShow29-5-11323.jpg

Wayne's 356 is mint..................mind you, his manners and language leave a lot ot be desired :p
LimerickShow29-5-11312.jpg

LimerickShow29-5-11309.jpg

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway

some nice comments for the lads from the watercooled boys...

(kadett 244 @ May 30 2011, 12:24 AM)
Props to the DJ's on the VW side (wasnt out the other side much) as the songs were brilliant!

Definitely one of the best DJ's I've heard at such a gig (or anywhere)

great mix of some old rock and more modern vibes.
smile.gif

WayneMcCarthy

Club Member
Club Member
June 23, 2008
fermoy
www.waynemacvw.com
Great Show , Great Weather & Great Gathering of Aircooled Car's ................. Trev's Audi was my Highlight of The Show (Super Detail & Very Well Restored) as for my bad Language & Manner's Coxy ! It Wasn't Me ........... The 356 was restored over Twenty Year's ago & has been in our show room in Cork Over 18 Year's !!!! Never Taken Out Until Two Week's ago.(That Sign was on The Car)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
as for my bad Language & Manner's Coxy ! It Wasn't Me ........... The 356 was restored over Twenty Year's ago & has been in our show room in Cork Over 18 Year's !!!! Never Taken Out Until Two Week's ago.(That Sign was on The Car)

:lol: I think every eircooled member should get one of those signs for shows :D

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Nice sig Trev!

Forget the signs, an electric fence wouldn't stop some of those muppets! Is it just my imagination or was there a higer percentage of rednecks there this year, it was like a country show with stupid questions and people crawling over the cars!

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Not sure but there was one guy in particular 'took the biscuit', after having a look in the engine bay he got into the car pulled the bonnet, when he discover he couldn't close it again he walked around open the passenger door and got into the back of the car ... it was shortly after that i told him there was a much nicer oval up the line (sorry Tsar) ... :D