Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Limerick monthly meetings

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
The Limerick cars & coffee is on this Sunday morning (11:00ish) at The Plaza on the Ballysimon road if anybody fancies it?
There's usually a good mix of metal on display.

Last edited:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
An unofficial Limerick meet at the cars and coffee event this morning. (y)

This was just posted on youtube (not my video).
He doesn't seem to like VW's as he missed 3 of us altogether somehow. :(

We're back again for our own meet up this Tuesday.
Half 7 @ Chawlkes filling station in Castletroy..

Last edited:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Well lads. I've just realised that last months meet was my last. I have been offered a job back in Kilkenny and it's too good to turn down. I'm moving over the next few weeks.

I'd hate to see the Limerick meets fall by the wayside so can someone throw their hand up to make sure this gets bumped and arranged each month from now on?
Thanks

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Well lads. I've just realised that last months meet was my last. I have been offered a job back in Kilkenny and it's too good to turn down. I'm moving over the next few weeks.

I'd hate to see the Limerick meets fall by the wayside so can someone throw their hand up to make sure this gets bumped and arranged each month from now on?
Thanks
Kilkennys loss is limericks gain! Lol

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Yup. New job starts next week. Gonna see if KK folks would be up for monthly meets now!
I'm starting monthly meets one county at a time :p

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I might be able to make a KK meet every now and again, it's not much further than J14 Mayfield for the Laois/Kildare meet that never happens ;)

good luck in the new job!

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick

Thanks

Best of luck with the new job, you will certainly be a loss to the Limerick area. Your enthusiasm, helpfulness and friendly nature made the Limerick meets, even on the winter nights of low turnout worthwhile. I would hope that all the lads from the area will make the effort to continue with the regular meetings on the first tuesday of the month. I will endeavour to post regular reminders but my shift work means I will not always be there. I will be in Kilkenny for the R&R fest on May BH and will catch you up then.

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Yes you will truly be missed here in Limerick for the meets, won't b the same without ya.
We will keep it going anyway between a few of us.. I will post reminders also and attend all I can , shift work allowing.
All the best with new job and relocation.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Congrats on the new job Kev (y)

Well done for getting the Limerick meets up and running so now your next job is to do the same in Kilkenny :D

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Tuesday coming is the first Limerick meeting of the post Rez era, and the first of the season of brighter evenings. Usual meet up time of of 7.30 at Chawkes and lets take it from there. Here's hoping for a good turnout.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Tuesday coming is the first Limerick meeting of the post Rez era, and the first of the season of brighter evenings. Usual meet up time of of 7.30 at Chawkes and lets take it from there. Here's hoping for a good turnout.

Weather is forecasted to be good.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Weather is forecasted to be good.

Forecasted??? WTF! Lovely evening, but the turnout was less than ideal if we're honest. However, the gathering was saved by the late appearance of the Bra wearing star of Volksworld's project car column, none other than the '73 Riviera Bay of Mr. Jumpstart, Cathal O'Toole. Having spent a large part of the day looking at the arse end of my own unlovely project, it was a delight to behold a van with such nice original paint. It was admired by all, even afficianados of the Rusteoleum roller method(you know who you are) were impressed, as were John and Diarmuid, our other attendees.

Meeting will go ahead same time next month and hopefully include a trip to the Michael D. plaza in Birdhill if we have enough interest and make an early start.
Here's a few pics for those who can't imagine what a VW wonderbra looks like.IMAG0701.jpgIMAG0700.jpg

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Early reminder as I will be enjoying the Kilkenny Rhythm & Roots fest at the weekend. Next tuesday the 5th is the first tuesday of the month and I hope we will have a good gathering of Limerick and district VW folk to share tales of how they spent their holiday weekend with their nearest and dearest (no, not them, their cars of course). Lets get there early and we can go for a short spin, Birdhill Plaza?? Chawkes garage on Dublin road at 7.30pm, newcomers welcome.

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
I won't make this tomorrow night as working the night shift.
Hopefully weather will be ok. Have a good one.

eyebrows63

Club Member
Club Member
September 4, 2008
limerick
Looks like you are on your own on this one Pat , I,m washing
my hair tonight .

Only joking , I think Larry might be coming also . See you
later.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Early reminder as I will be enjoying the Kilkenny Rhythm & Roots fest at the weekend. Next tuesday the 5th is the first tuesday of the month and I hope we will have a good gathering of Limerick and district VW folk to share tales of how they spent their holiday weekend with their nearest and dearest (no, not them, their cars of course). Lets get there early and we can go for a short spin, Birdhill Plaza?? Chawkes garage on Dublin road at 7.30pm, newcomers welcome.

Last call for Limerick meeting tonight at Chawkes 7.30pm. I cancelled my bikini wax for this, so I don't see why we can't all make the effort. Do ye really want Rez coming back to Limerick........?

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Thanks to the few brave souls who eschewed champions league on telly and braved what turned out to be a bitter cold evening in the name of VWdom. Donal(bay pick-up), John(T25 hi-top) were vehicles in attendance. Alan(coming from work) and myself(apathy) were in non-vw dailys. Next on the horizon is the Limerick Classic show on the 24th inst. Here's something that might interest a few diehards, happening next weekend. http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars...-classic-autojumble-car-show/8967470?offset=2. Hopefully the weather gods have done toying with us and we get a bit of sunshine and warmth for our next outing.