Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Kildare Meeting Monasterevin 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm. N7 Service Station

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Today is the third Wednesday of the month. I propose to try out alternating the location of the Kildare meet between Portlaoise and J14 Mayfield from month to month. I know it's called the "Kildare" meet but a large contingent of the regulars (75% of attendees last month) drive from Laois. Last month the other 25% of the attendees went to Portlaoise by accident anyway!

Anyone up for trying it out? McDonalds Portlaoise (beside Dunnes Stores for those not familiar) at 7.30PM?

revert to J14 Mayfield next month...

Another idea we might thrash out tongihtcould be the idea of moving the monthly meet to the third Friday to accommodate Aidan a bit better. (or maybe the Portlaoise ones on a Wednesday, the Kildare ones on a Friday).

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I started the “Kildare” meet to get something going in the midlands Leinster area as we’ve a lot of members in that area. It was handy as the bug was in Carlow at the time :D. Great idea to alternate the venue Trev, will try make it along tonight.

Mc Donalds drive through? :rolleyes:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
mikey who?

I know Portlaoise might put it out of reach of those who would travel from Dublin from time to time but the last few Kildare meets have had nobody from Dublin attend. One of the months it was just myself, Duts and PJ, all travelled from Laois to have a burger/mineral water and lettuce (Duts is on a health kick) in Kildare. Made no sense...

we'll try it out. If anyone from Dublin is planning on coming along next month, just say so in advance and we'll be sure to have the meet at J14...

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
TBH Trev, it's as easy to travel to Portloaise as J14 if you're on the motorway plus the burgers are crap in Supermacs.

Cheers, Mikey. :p

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
not a bad start to the new alternating Portlaoise venue. Duts was there in the Abbeylexican, PJ in his new US-spec Karmann Cabrio, Lorcan & Sam arrived in their freshly-landed late Westy, Aidan was in his daily and I arrived up on the maiden voyage in my newly TDI-converted daily hack.

Back to J14 next month :)