Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

July 6th 2008 :: Terenure Show

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This is a big event for SVF and if they are ok with it I would suggest we either just join them in their space or ask for a space right next door - it is a shame to brake up the dubs I think. Last year we had our own pitch, but we took the liberty of moving it to the empty pitch beside the SVF pitch

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I have booked spaces for the 3 clubs to be beside each other, so its Eircooled, Southern Volks folks and Type2. I have a plan of the field so I'll scan it in on Monday.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
So whos going? Im heading in with my mate James in his mint 65, you'll like this, have put up pics yet but I should, I featured it in Slick! Burgrundy over cream on polished 5's! Ex 'Grounded' crew car! One of the cleaner cars around after seeing what's been at shows so far, and not a big money car either!

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
was hoping to get my square back together for it but dont think its going to happen

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
from brians pics

Terenure%20June%20%2708%20023.jpg

i thought it was 1981 before they introduced a watercooled, spot the second grill

i wonder is someone pulling a fast one

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Was there a T25 at all in 1979? Not many anyways I'd say if at all. Can't see the advantage of registering it 79 anyways??? I think it was 83 before they became watercooled?? Bizarre

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Yeah that must be some sort of conversion to a diesel or other watercooled engine. They were making them at the end of 1979 (October on I think), but they certainly didn't have a watercooled engine in them, nor did they have that lower grille, or for that matter the plastic intake grilles at the back. I reckon he put the 79 plates on cause they were giving him shit about getting into the show in something thats not from the 70s or older. You wouldn't know though. It may just have had bodywork and the discerning features of an early t25 were removed in the process.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I reckon he put the 79 plates on cause they were giving him shit about getting into the show in something thats not from the 70s or older. You wouldn't know though. It may just have had bodywork and the discerning features of an early t25 were removed in the process.
He only came in at the end of the day to remove the stall it is parked beside.

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
ross - whatever about the newer vents at the back going to the hassle of converting a aircooled bus into a watercooled just doesn't seem worth it

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I'd be inclined to agree there. It wouldn't be the first time Ive seen it done before though. When I was first searching for a T25 before I bought the syncro, I test drove a converted van which originally had a 2.0l aircooled engine in it and it was replaced with a 2.0l diesel Nissan engine! It had a raised engine lid to accommodate the fairly tall Nissan lump, and it was a dog. Smokey as hell and wouldnt pull a knacker off your sister. The conversion hadnt been done that long as well, so assumedly they went to all that bother to put a shite engine into the van. Figure that one out!

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
i could be wrong but if thats at the irish kit car club stand it might belong to john murray,
he also has a vw nova kit car in the collection..

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
I'd be inclined to agree there. It wouldn't be the first time Ive seen it done before though. When I was first searching for a T25 before I bought the syncro, I test drove a converted van which originally had a 2.0l aircooled engine in it and it was replaced with a 2.0l diesel Nissan engine! It had a raised engine lid to accommodate the fairly tall Nissan lump, and it was a dog. Smokey as hell and wouldnt pull a knacker off your sister. The conversion hadnt been done that long as well, so assumedly they went to all that bother to put a shite engine into the van. Figure that one out!

I've heard those nissan engines are a bit dodge alrite