Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

January 3rd 2009 :: Eircooled AGM

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Discussing: Events 2009, Finances (Brian), Elect or re-elect chairman, Membership (Ger), Website (Deckie), Promotion, AOB. If anyone wants to volunteer to chair the AGM pleased do. Your job will be to cover as much as possible as quickly as possible and then bring accurate minutes back to the Boardroom later on in January.

Don't forget Eircooled no longer has a committee or any appointed positions. We are Ireland's first communist car club (apart from the Irish Trabant Owners Club) so everyone has to put in what they can to make the club the best it can be.

communism.jpg

Time and Date

Saturday 3rd January 2009. 12.00 midday.

Agenda

12.00 Arrive, Park, Talk

13.00 Eat

14.00 AGM

15.00 Calender Sales, New Member Sign-up, Dues Collection
(bring yer €25 for 2009 if you feel you owe it by now).

15.30 More Chat

16.00 Either go home or stay the night and we'll go for food and beer in Lanesborough. We might continue some strategic thinking and planning over a few beers so if you want to really be involved in the club you would be best sticking around.

Accomodation

We can take at least 5 vans on tarmac and any amount of tents on grass. There is also lots of amenity space in the village and at the harbour where you can park without hassle. If ye fancy a B&B try http://www.longfordtourism.ie/accommodation.php?scid=1&artid=&prem=35 or if not there is a really old guesthouse right in the town - it looks cheap and clean and they do a good breakfast - I can book on yer behalf if ye let me know.

Phone

Ruairi @ 0872960066

Driving Directions

From Dublin via Athlone

Take the M4/M6 motorway to Athlone (signposted Galway). When you get to the Athlone bypass you will cross a very big bridge over the Shannon. The N61 to Roscommon is the next exit. Take the N61 all the way to Roscommon town and then take the N63 towards Lanesborough (signposted Longford). 1.5 hours.

From Limerick

N7 to Nenagh, N52 to Birr, N62 to Athlone. When you get on to the Athlone bypass you will cross a very big bridge over the Shannon. The N61 to Roscommon is the next exit. Take the N61 all the way to Roscommon town and then take the N63 towards Lanesborough (signposted Longford). 2.5 hours.

From Galway

Either go to Tuam (N17) and from there take the N63 all the way to Lanesborough, or alternatively take the N6 to Athlone and go from there to Roscommon and onto the N63. The first way is 90 minutes and a nice drive in good weather, however on a really bad day I'd recommend the Athlone route which is maybe 20 minutes longer but a much better road and a much easier drive. 1.5 hours.

From Sligo

Just follow the N4 to Longford and the follow the N63 (signposted Galway) to Lanesborough. 1.5 hours.

From Monaghan/Cavan/Meath

Either go through Dublin, or follow the N55 or the N52 southbound until they meet the N4. Follow the N4 to Longford and then follow the signs for N63 Galway through the town.

To Find our House....

Approaching from Roscommon you enter the village on the N63. The village is called Ballyleague on this side (for reasons best known to the locals). Just after the usual welcome signs there is a petrol station and tyre centre on the left. It is a spurious brand - Lanesboro Oil or something. Just after this on the right is a very large GAA grounds and Shannonside is the first right immediately after the GAA ground. We are down the back of the estate in the last house. If you end up in the village itself you've gone to far so do a u-turn and follow the directions below.

Approaching from Longford you enter the village on the N63. You will know you are there as a power plant seriously dominates the skyline. You will arrive at a T junction in the village and you should turn right (signposted Galway). Drive over the bridge over the Shannon and admire the boats. You are now entering Connaught so things might get a bit rough. About a half a mile after the bridge on the left hand side is a church/hall/bingo centre of some sort and a few old council houses. Just after these on the left still is Shannonside where we live. If you see a GAA ground you have gone 20 meters too far. We are down the back of the estate in the last house.

Map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...3.675701,-8.007681&spn=0.007347,0.017767&z=16

Using SatNav

53.675701 -8.007681 is our driveway.

Last edited:

mary72

July 28, 2007
woodstock, Galway
wil try and make it, ment to be working that day but will try to get cover.... hopefully seamus will be back on the road by then. cant wait to show him off. if ye need any help, regards food or anything let me know. hope to see ye all then.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Mary has offered us a free room in her restaurant in Roscommon for the meeting. I'm sure we could strike a deal on some posh finger food also :)

I am more than happy to have it at mine, and even if we change mine is still open for drinks and camping (10 minutes drive away) so I'll leave it up to ye guys - I really have no preference.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
We could meet at your house and when everone has turned up there go for a short drive to the restaurant for the meeting and food and back to yours later. What do you think?

mary72

July 28, 2007
woodstock, Galway
ya the function room is free for the taking, can get finger food sorted. just give me numbers and i will sort it... ill get it at a good price. maybe 10 each, or a meal for a little more but let me know, with it being a sat nite i will have to book it before someone else wants it. i have got cover for work so i will defo be there. if anyone needs a room for the nite can get him to do it for about 35 each, but like the function room let me know so that i can get them booked. bar and everthing so no need to move til late. let me know what i can do?

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I like Brians idea - saves me some work but still keeps it informal

Up to ye

I'm sure the club will pay for a few sambos, but we will need to get numbers

Tom

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
athy
:rroulette:120 over a bog road and big humps and my bmw engin in tha dich lol my head is still on tha roof wat a jump that was

mary72

July 28, 2007
woodstock, Galway
we have jacksons booked for the 3rd so if we can just get some idea of numbers that would be great, think rory was pretty happy with the place so if ye are happy to have it there i can start sorting food and rooms if required as soon as i get numbers... copy and paste away guys.