Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Ireland adventure 2015

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Today I pulled the fuse box out a bit and had a look. Good WiFi on this site so I had a look at a wiring diagram on line.. I have a Haynes manual with me and strangely enough both drawings looked the same. According to the drawing even with the fuse pulled I should have a live feed to the Ignition.I didn't as it was connected to the fused side of the fuse.I have now moved this to where I believe it should be and we will try again tomorrow.. Fingers crossed...
Today we crossed the Storebaelt Bridge.. Then a ferry crossing and we are now about 5km into Germany.

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Today we drove for about two and a half hours on full beam with no issues. So I guess the problem is fixed. The worst part about this one is, having the owned the van for 12 years and the wire in question having a lovely new connector,I am unable to blame any previous owner as being the culprit..... Only me....

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
s1a.jpg
Reading more like a review for a Bob Dylan album, this article was in The Dundalk Democrat the week after our Dutch Friends stopped by...

(click on the pic to read it full size)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Well done on putting this together Paul.

I heard about the hassle and the endless legal documents and papers you had to fill in just to do it so fair play..................lots of people would have thrown in the towel early on but you're obviously a persistent fella if you got this over the line!
You put in a huge amount of work into organising this for the town and the visitors which I'm sure people are not aware of but it looked like a great success.

Any truth in the rumour that you're rolling these city centre meetings/shows out across the country ;)

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Yes it's true Cathal....

There will be multiple STUMP Starts around the country next year.
Starting in Loughmore.

Seriously though, I reckoned that it would be a great idea to bring the Dutch visitors into Dundalk, seeing that they were driving North up the M1, right past us. So I contacted the relevant authorities who told me that I would need to have Public Liability Indemnity to the value of 6,000000. Yes 6 Million.

All I was trying to do was encourage a few people to come into the town centre and spend a few bob.
Long story short, I got a donation of 150 towards the PL insurance, and coughed up the other 100 myself.
It seems that the relevant authorities and people who should care about promoting the Town and putting it on the map for the RIGHT reasons for a change, didn't give a toss. I'm not going to go on and on about it, but a bit of encouragement for this type of thing would go a long long way. I know Mart and the dutch contingent were blown away by the whole event, and have vowed to return.

People are paid to promote and encourage visitors into the area. I'd love to know what exactly they do from day to day.

End of rant.