Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Ireland adventure 2015

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
if you have any problems along the way just post up here.. There's a network of eircooled members all over the country so help won't be far away.

Good advice there, keep us updated on your progress on this thread Mart and any problems I'm sure the lads on the forum can help!

I might try and drag the family over to meet the convoy in Doolin to check out the cool Dutch vdubs if I can get some time off work that monday. We bought our westy in Arnhem (Multicampers Wageningen) and drove her home to Clare so have a bit of Dutch heritage!

Mart

January 22, 2015
Holland
Mart there is a VW show on in Scotland on weekend 29-30-31st May http://www.volksfling.co.uk/volksfling.html

I am based on the North Coast so if you need any local information please feel free to drop me a PM

Brilliant trip

We stay two days in the north, there is much to see there, but you have tips they are welcome
I've been in Biggar in 2004.
Biggar is not our way, we only have one day from coast to coast.
But thank you it's a nice meeting we enjoyed it
IMG_4146.JPG

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Top tip when doing the north coast run is to take in Cushendun village, have a Guinness or sprite at Randal McConnell's ropeworks bar, Cushendun Hotel, if he isn't lambing sheep in the yard (he's a vet also, as well as solicitor, councillor, publican, historian, legend). When heading out the village take the TORR ROAD to Ballycastle - epic road with breath-taking views.

Hope to get to welcome you all at some stage.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Hi, I live less than 10mins from the campsite in Rathdrum an 15 from Arklow so again, any mechanical issues or spares required let me know. You're in Wicklow for 2 nights an there's lots to see. You have Glendalough and SallyGap on your list but I can add a whole lot more to it that is all with in 20 mins travel time. Brittas Bay beach, Powerscourt waterfall, Powerscourt house, Wicklow Gaol an much more. There's another campsite in Redcross owned by the people who own the one in Rathdrum. In Redcross they have a Micro Brewery and a great restaurant.
When driving from Arklow to Rathdrum, take the road through Woodenbridge and Avoca. When passing Avoca you could stop for coffee at the original Avoca Woolen Mills. When in Glendalough there's both the Wicklow Gap an the Sally Gap. A quick spin up Military road would get you to The Glenmacnass waterfall, and just over the road is the highest village in Ireland of Roundwood, just outside it is the Guinness lake, lough Tay. You can link the waterfall with the lake with a drive over the Gap.

Mart

January 22, 2015
Holland
Thanks for the tip's, we take it in the route.
We've been there once, very beautiful there.
Avoca there is still the meeting of the waters?

Stump: beautiful bus

Dirty1: thanks for the help that you offer, we take it with us.

Last edited:

Mart

January 22, 2015
Holland
14 days to go, and then we come up with 27 old air-cooled VWs for hopefully a beautiful journey through your beautiful Ireland
We are ready to go
IMG_8401.JPG