Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

HOTVWs feature car- 1956 Oval Rag

T

TunedPerfection

Coxy- thinks for starting this thread and putting up so many pics for me. Really appreciate it.
If anyone has questions on the car let me know. I would love to see it go overseas so I never see it again. I sold my 1968 Beetle that was in VW Trends ages ago to a fellow 20 minutes from my house. He still has me do any work on it like tune-up, oil change, etc. I cried when I dropped it back off at his place- I owned it for 14 years. Gave it a big hug too. He has offered my old car back and $20K for this car, and I may do it but would be taking a BIG hit on this car and don't really want my old car back, as much as I miss it. I don't need this many cars, so would rather sell it outright and focus on other projects. Tell your friends, make me an offer, you never know.....
And if Coxy sells it I'll even throw some money his way.....

Oh, by the way, it was appraised at $50K, and I have over $60K into it, not including all my labour hours. And you would never have this much fun driving a new beetle :eek:

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Coxy said:
Brian Raftery said:
Thanks very much i'll collect it on saturday :D

By 'collect' you mean pay me LOOOOOOOADS of money? :lol: :lol:

I won't be down on Saturday them, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Santa is good to me this year :lol:

And you would never have this much fun driving a new beetle

I nevered imagined driving a New Beetle would be fun anyway :D
I have your car on my wish list to Santa :D

Good luck with the sale.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
I know that this is probably heresy to mention, but if there is any difficulty in selling the car and there was a possibility of buying the drivetrain seperately I'd be interested :D

T

TunedPerfection

Yeah, it's all or nothing. No interest in parting the car out, I think what makes it what it is, is the whole package- looks and performance. To drop in a T1 trans and a 2110 or something just would not be the same. I'd build a whole new car if I were going to do that. But no harm in asking...

T

TunedPerfection

Hey Coxy! Did you have to pay to put my car on that site? Thanks for taking the time to do that. But I know you're just buttering me up to give you a deal on it :wink: Keep it up, you never know....

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
I expected that'd be the answer alright :D
Still, if by some chance someone wanted the bug to be lighter before it were shipped I'd be more than happy to help :wink: :lol:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
TunedPerfection said:
Hey Coxy! Did you have to pay to put my car on that site? Thanks for taking the time to do that. But I know you're just buttering me up to give you a deal on it :wink: Keep it up, you never know....

It would take a lot of butter to make you accept the miserable amount of cash in my account :lol:

J

Johnnyâ„¢

to say... its one beautifully build car, is an understatement! alot of bang will always cost alot of buck, very very nice. 8)

T

TunedPerfection

Definitely getting more interest here than on the Volkszone site. That site must sort of be like the Samba of the UK.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I may actually have to take a trip over there to meet some of you once the kids are a little older....

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
TunedPerfection said:
Definitely getting more interest here than on the Volkszone site. That site must sort of be like the Samba of the UK.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I may actually have to take a trip over there to meet some of you once the kids are a little older....

Volkszone is just too big sometimes - you make a post and two minutes later it is on page 46. Welcome along by the way and good luck with the sale - it is a once off for sure.

P

Paul C

Brian Raftery said:
40,000 CDN = ?27,500 a New Beetle :NewBeetle: is only ?25,000 I know it won't stand a chance in a race against the oval or in the looks dept. but is the oval really worth that much for a car that you probably can't drive every day to work etc?

If only I had a spare 40 grand [-o<

is this car worth that money.... its worth what someone is willing to pay, try building the engine for less than ?10k sterling.

our own green heart, neal, his oval originally cost ?38k stg to build, and i think there is close to another ?10k in the engine now.... is it worth it....having sat in the passenger seat as neal launched the car....then i would have to say yes.
are there other ovals as good as this one...yes many, just take a look at any of the gfk cars, any of the dkp cars, the vast majority of the DAS cars, the jg54 cars, the rkc cars etc etc.

some mentioned gates of heaven...IMHO.it is in a whole different ball park as it is probably the best split bug in the world IMHO.

the car advertised here, looks amazing, has been built right, its a credit to the builders, as i said ^^^ its worth what someone is willing to pay for it :)

i know personally what money i have put into the panel bus of doom, based on my reciepts and kustom modifications etc etc, the insurance assessors gave it a qualified agreed value of ?20k stg...it aint a patch on a car like this...

greg, i wish you all the very best with the sale, someone will snap this car up and be very happy :twisted:

as for volkszone, well obviously i am biased,lol, but to me it is the greatest aircooled website in the world, yes it is huge and yes it is fast moving, but thats what happens when you have nigh on 30,000 members, you asked if it is like thesamba greg? well albeit very different to thesamba, it is the uk and possibly europes largest aircooled vw site :)

i won't start on the comparisons to a new beetle :lol:

cheers
paul :D