Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Get Insured with Eircooled's Insurance Partner - First Ireland

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I'm sure it's probably the underwriters that can't cover a classic as a commercial vehicle, and I can understand why TBH.

I think you can ask to keep the original log book, but they'll slap a new white sticker on it.

dee

Club Member
Club Member
February 4, 2015
Cork
Has anyone from the club spoke to First Ireland in an "official" capacity to get proper clarification on the imposed changes.

Many people are using the club's membership to get the discounted 195e price with them

Barnfind

Club Member
Club Member
August 5, 2014
Longford
Anyone here renued their insurance lately? What sort of premiums are been.paid?
i Got an insurance quote from first ireland for €256 which is for one classic vehicle. Not sure if the club membership reduction is incorporated into this quote.
​​​​any information greatly appreciated.

rolheine

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2009
Dowra Co.Leitrim
I got my renewal quote from First Ireland last week for 2 classic cars: Total 265.10 Euro
Last year it was after the exchange of some emails: 247.50 Euro!
I gather I have to email this year again and claim the Eircooled reduced fee of 20 Euro.
"Barnfind" you should contact them and stress that you are an Eircooled member (I have to do it every year myself)."

Reactions: Barnfind

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I got my renewal quote from First Ireland last week for 2 classic cars: Total 265.10 Euro
Last year it was after the exchange of some emails: 247.50 Euro!
I gather I have to email this year again and claim the Eircooled reduced fee of 20 Euro.
"Barnfind" you should contact them and stress that you are an Eircooled member (I have to do it every year myself)."

Were you asked for engineers reports for your vehicles??

rolheine

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2009
Dowra Co.Leitrim
Just phoned Steward at First Ireland (my emails bounced back strangely) = he checked and it is actually a bit cheaper than last year: Euro 230.25 for two cars (which is ok and matches "Trev"s renewal).

Reactions: Coxy

explorer

September 8, 2017
cork
Hey lads...I wanted to renew my membership -so I lodged 25e via PayPal on the 13th sept to the PayPal address on 1st page of this section...

does my membership number stay the same from last year????

this is my first time renewing with eircooled, so I don't know how it works?

i emailed and PM'd Brian R regarding renewal and a membership number for the next 12 months ( he sorted it for me last year)..
i haven't heard anything about it yet though...or maybe I am renewed and I don't know it?!
Thanks for any help..jerry

dugganst

Club Member
Club Member
March 21, 2019
Ireland
Hey guys just wondering i paid my membership via paypal, just wondering do i receive a dm or email with my membership number to pursue the insurance deal?

willsbug

Club Member
Club Member
February 25, 2016
ballina co mayo
Hey guys just wondering i paid my membership via paypal, just wondering do i receive a dm or email with my membership number to pursue the insurance deal?

If you haven't already received your membership no Trev is over the membership maybe pm and he'll give your membership no.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Here is the update from Brian Butterly in First Ireland the main changes are about the age of a car which has to 20 years old with a few exceptions some 15-20 years old cars can be included. if you are adding on an extra driver they have to have their own modern car insured as well.
  • Policyholders and Named Drivers must be aged between 25 and 80.
  • All Drivers must hold a Full Licence except the Proposers Spouse.
  • Policyholder must hold a full licence for 2 years and hold private car insurance on a main vehicle
  • Minimum Driving experience required is 2 years.
  • Named Drivers must hold their Own Insurance on a private car
  • Up to 4 named drivers is allowed
  • Min Value €1500
  • Max seats 7
  • Max car value before a Tracker is required is €99,999.
  • Motor Trade Bonuses, Company vehicle or driving experience of any sort is a decline
  • Vehicle must be 20 years old or more. (Vehicles from 15years will be considered as an add-on to existing policies)
  • No sport type vehicle e.g. Ferrari,
  • The following cars along with any massed produced cars are is a decline
  • Toyota Celica
  • Toyota Corolla
  • Toyota MR2
  • Honda Civic
  • Honda Integra
  • Volkswagen Jetta
  • Rover 75
  • Ford Fiesta
  • Ford Focus
  • Nissan Almeria
  • VW Golf younger than 1979
  • 20+ year old purpose built camper vans with no heating element
  • Engine replacements must be within 400cc of the original engine no greater
  • SD&P and Class 1 only
  • NCT is a must if required by law
  • Conviction inside 5 years are a decline.
  • 1 unlimited fire/theft claim and one other claim no more than €3000 in the last 5 years accepted.
  • Open claims are declined.

Reactions: Mikey

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
[*]The following cars along with any massed produced cars are is a decline
[/LIST]
  • Toyota Celica
  • Toyota Corolla
  • Toyota MR2
  • Honda Civic
  • Honda Integra
  • Volkswagen Jetta
  • Rover 75
  • Ford Fiesta
  • Ford Focus
  • Nissan Almeria
  • VW Golf younger than 1979

WTF? "mass produced cars"? I hope nobody tells them they made 23 million beetles!!

And the Golf and Jetta thing? That's going to be a problem for me.

[*]20+ year old purpose built camper vans with no heating element

what does that mean?

[*]Engine replacements must be within 400cc of the original engine no greater

ah where's the fun in that?

AndyB

*****istrator
Admin
February 8, 2017
Kildare
When I got my first quote from first direct I was told that they insure campervans. Then they asked "does it have a cooker?" if so they wouldn't insure me. So now I'm with Carol Nash!