Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Get Insured with Eircooled's Insurance Partner - First Ireland

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Still waiting for my insurance documents. Even though I have submitted driver history with AXA of 29 years accident free driving last week.
Everything is good to go apparently, they are just awaiting issue of the cert ect from the Insurers.
I think the local bobby is eyeing up my windscreen every time I pop into Kilbeggan.

Asforteri

Club Member
Club Member
August 12, 2009
Dublin
Just got my new quote from Carole Nash on Friday, opened it today and got a shock. 1978 VW Camper insured with them for the last 4 years for 200 euro a year, they now want 521.67 euro. Glad I checked here first before I rang them. looks like First Ireland will be getting a call, after I give Carole Nash a chance to explain.

Asforteri

Club Member
Club Member
August 12, 2009
Dublin
Contacted Carole Nash about their quote and they told me to take it or leave it. Not one cent would they give me off. So thanks to this site and being a member I am getting insured with First Ireland for 195 Euro.

Alan B.

June 22, 2011
offaly
Got a quote of first Ireland there now,
74 baywindow, myself and the father on the 2000mile policy, 230, and approx 260 if we upgrade to the 4000

eiret3

Club Member
Club Member
February 12, 2014
Connacht
Any idea how long you have to wait to receive your insurance documents from FI?? I'm travelling to Europe on the 6th so I have to have it by the 5th.....:eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolheine

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2009
Dowra Co.Leitrim
Got my Insurance Renewal Notice from First Ireland for the Beetle and the Land Rover yesterday, and they asked for 282.35 Euro, but last year it was only 256.45 Euro.

Seemingly the Government Levy increased from 9.60 Euro to 10.83 Euro, but I wrote an email and asked why the insurance premium went up by 24.67 Euro (the administration charge of 54.85 Euro did not change). Andrew Reilly at First Ireland later in the day wrote back that he had a look at the renewal and that the premium (in total I hope) should be 247.50 Euro which is a decrease from last year and I am happy with this!

But it shows that one should not simply accept what is send to you if it is an unexpected increase.

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
Can anyone tell me if they look for pics of your camper when getting insured with first Ireland.
just I'm thinking of gettin insured now even though van is striped out just so I can test drive it up an down the road while working on it but if I need photos they prob tell me to piss off.:)

hickepa2

Club Member
Club Member
October 26, 2014
Cork

Fully comprehensive insurance is available starting at just
€213* to Eircooled members.

Just received a quote from FIRST IRELAND of €253 for a fully comp 4000 mile/year policy on a 911. When asked if I was a member of CC club and confirmed Eircooled member (note to self, follow up on getting membership number), reduced to €195. This is less than half of my next best quote from AXA.
The basics detailed in the confirmation e-mail all look kosher, and underwriter is AIG. Anyone have experience of how good they are at settling claims? The ideal is that we have no experience of settling claims( no claims=no problems), but maybe someone has?

Thanks, Paul.