Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Get Insured with Eircooled's Insurance Partner - First Ireland

Eircooled Mod

Administrator
Admin
January 4, 2006
In Your Heart
bannertop.jpg

Fully comprehensive insurance is available starting at just
€213* to Eircooled members.

• Extra vehicles covered for just €57 each. (TBC)
  • Drivers must be over 25 years old. (TBC)
  • Main policy holder must have a full licence. Vehicle generally has to be over 20 years old, but they will consider 15+.
  • No commercials.
  • Golf GTi's, Porsches, etc will have to be referred for consideration.
  • Mileage is restricted to 2000 miles, with various options for larger limits (see below).
  • Extra drivers are free if they are over 28, but must have their own insurance (on other car), except for your partner who need not have
  • All cars under policy can be used at the one time if required - i.e. 1 policy, 2 cars, 2 drivers, both driving at same time - no problem.
  • Driving other cars is included.
  • Vehicles of up to 50k value covered.
  • The vehicle is NOT subject to a road-worthiness test
  • Ireland wide breakdown cover is covered for 365 days per year.
  • Custom vehicles ARE covered.
  • European/UK driving is covered for 31 days per year.
  • Glass cover is provided up to a value of €1000.
*€213 offer is subject to the above terms along with other terms and conditions that you can discuss with the broker. This page is provided as a helpful guide, but please confirm all details and benefits with First Ireland.
To apply you should phone Brian Butterly on 01- 8820800. or bbutterly@firstireland.ie

You will need the following;

Eircooled member ID
Name
Address
Date of birth
Occupation
Licence type
Bonus details of members main car if you have one
Any claims details
Named drivers details (name, d.o.b, occupation, and licence type)
Year of classic car
Make and model of classic car
Engine size of classic car
Value of classic car

Reactions: tonyvw

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I had to have proof of an active no-claims bonus, and they wanted the printout of same posted in. I suppose that means you need to have insurance on another daily car unless you can build a NCB while a named driver?

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
When I spoke with them last week they asked if both myself and the named drivers had insurance on our own vehicles. They also asked to see proof by means of copy of cert. of insurance or NCB.

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
i have just insured both the beetle and the camper, fully comp, for 247 euro with First Ireland. I thought that was good value...

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Cork-a-doodle-doo baaaaai
I got the van done for €210, that was €190 plus 20 for extra cover when I'm on the continent. Carole Nash can feic off after the windscreen replacement saga of 2012

Very happy with First Ireland as a new customer

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Can a commercial classic van be added to the standard car policy with First Ireland?

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I assume once it's classic it doesn't make a difference if it's a panel van or a bug...it's classic insurance.

Different story if you intend on using your commercial classic for business use though!

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Recently got a renewal quote from carole nash for the beetle, fasty and t25......410 euro. As I only want the beetle and T25 done this year, they revised the quote to 340 euro for the two. So I,ll be ringing first ireland tomorrow to see about a better quote.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I got a letter the other day saying that 'Groupama Insurance' was bought over by 'Ageas' and changing their name officially in October I think. Groupama are the Insurance group which Carole Nash use.

Will be interesting to see if my renewal shoots up next year! :rolleyes:

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Recently got a renewal quote from carole nash for the beetle, fasty and t25......410 euro. As I only want the beetle and T25 done this year, they revised the quote to 340 euro for the two. So I,ll be ringing first ireland tomorrow to see about a better quote.

Tim,
I got both the beetle and the bay, fully comp with first ireland for 247eu. worth giving them a ring......

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Tim,
I got both the beetle and the bay, fully comp with first ireland for 247eu. worth giving them a ring......

Good quote no doubt.

But I dont have my own insurance as I,m insured on 3 other cars in the home as a named driver, as well as 2 more, at my home address.

It will be interesting to see if they accept named driver experience on those:D

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I got a letter the other day saying that 'Groupama Insurance' was bought over by 'Ageas' and changing their name officially in October I think. Groupama are the Insurance group which Carole Nash use.

Will be interesting to see if my renewal shoots up next year! :rolleyes:

Yeah Groupama is the company quoted alright.
Last year I had 2 vehicles for 255, now they want 340 for 2 vehicles???

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
Good quote no doubt.

But I dont have my own insurance as I,m insured on 3 other cars in the home as a named driver, as well as 2 more, at my home address.

It will be interesting to see if they accept named driver experience on those:D

I don't have insurance in my own name anymore either. But First Ireland were happy to insure me on the bug and porsche with my named driver experience on my girlfriend's car. I paid €276 for both, €210 for the bug and €66 extra for the porsche.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I don't have insurance in my own name anymore either. But First Ireland were happy to insure me on the bug and porsche with my named driver experience on my girlfriend's car. I paid €276 for both, €210 for the bug and €66 extra for the porsche.

When I was insuring the beemer and Porsche with them I asked them to confirm the price three times. :ROFLMAO:

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
When I was insuring the bug first he quoted me €215. When I pointed out that the club rate was €213 not €215 and asked would he not knock off the €2, he creased up laughing and said he'd do it for €210 on account of my brass neck :D

They're sound in First Ireland, and their prices are great.