Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Hehe, had a giggle myself when I saw that pic of Hugo!
Funny, before we left last nite I thought of asking Liam if he had plenty of petrol, but Liam tends to be so meticulous about his bus I thought, ah, there is no way he wouldn't have enough petrol in it, hehe. If I had asked that'd be a nice I told u so story, hehe!
Good turn out last nite, and good fun. Liams Split was a nice drive all the same. I think I need to get a heavier foot though when driving it, but thankfully I can blame the speedo on that :)

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
View attachment 7156
pencil.png

Thanks Brian.... :mad:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Coincidentally I nearly ran out of petrol on the way to the meet. My fuel pump was kicking up a racket and I only twigged why at the last minute, and luckily only about a hundred metres from a garage. I really gotta get that gauge sorted out. T'was a good meet. What think ye of browns barn?

SteveR

Club Member
Club Member
April 28, 2009
Knocklyon, Dublin
Good to see 2 new faces there last night. Welcome along Coimhe and Shane (Herbie). Looking forward to seeing your bug again Shane.

Only took a few pics last night and they were all of Liam's split

P1000247.jpg

P1000246.jpg

P1000245.jpg

P1000244.jpg

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
passed by in the company transit bout 9ish, just got 2 quick snaps. the cars and vans looked very impressive lined up in the barns car park.!

christ mikey, some shine of the bug you got there!!

anyhow, here are the 2 snaps.....

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Jesus we're well looked after here, fair play Liam.

Thanks, shes slowly getting there. Good few coats of wax on her, ready for one more.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Fun meet last night! :)

A big thanks to Alice (and Liam ;)) for letting me ride shot-gun over to Browne's Barn. My first time in a moving Splitty believe it or not...and enjoyed every minute of it! (y) Absolutely cracking bus with a much more comfortable ride for a lowered bus than I would of thought.

Also got a nice spin in Mickey's Beetle back to the car-park to pick up my Daily. Very tight car with a sweet motor! :cool:

When we arrived at Browne's Barn...
maymeet11a.jpg

maymeet11b.jpg

And when we left after eating! Alice reattaching the wiper connections on the Splitty where they fold down when using the Safari's.
maymeet11c.jpg

Not 100% gone on the food or service in Browne's Barn, seemed as though we were all eating at different times over the course of 2hrs! :confused:

Last edited:

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Looks a great meet, and a nice spin. Nice pics lads..

Liam, did you not have a full Jerry can under the back seat?? Essential kit in any splitty..

Alice, how did the safaris fair out in the rain? Much leaking? I'm dying to know how they handle real Irish weather.. I'd love to fit em on our van..

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I hope thats the car your talking about Mikey...................:D

Sure its easy Beag, this new stuff you put on by hand. I'll give her a good wash and apply it over again.

Sure if you want a bit, I'll save you some wax.

Caoimhe

Club Member
Club Member
May 2, 2011
Dublin
Just want to say a big "Thanks" to all at Eircooled for such a friendly welcome to last nights meet. It was a really fun night and I'm now very sure about going ahead and getting me a VW bus!!
Went to view the first contender T25 tonight with Hugo (thanks kongomush!)...wasn't THE one so the search continues! :)

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Looks a great meet, and a nice spin. Nice pics lads..

Liam, did you not have a full Jerry can under the back seat?? Essential kit in any splitty..

Alice, how did the safaris fair out in the rain? Much leaking? I'm dying to know how they handle real Irish weather.. I'd love to fit em on our van..

No, the full Jerry can was definitely not to be found in this splitty, but maybe from now on he might have one :) As for the leakage, there was a little, but to be honest, it was only a small amount, so I'd defo say its worth it :)

Just want to say a big "Thanks" to all at Eircooled for such a friendly welcome to last nights meet. It was a really fun night and I'm now very sure about going ahead and getting me a VW bus!!
Went to view the first contender T25 tonight with Hugo (thanks kongomush!)...wasn't THE one so the search continues! :)

Keep us updated on your search Caoimhe :) Looking forward to seeing what you finally pick up :)

Last edited: