Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

December 8th 2007 :: Lough Na Fooey - The Big Balls Campout

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I have 2 decent picnic tables Im bringing along. I think that sounds like a plan about the stew, Ruairi!

My van is in at the moment getting the headlining fitted, and theyre putting insulation in behind it (rockwool) so it should be nice and toasty for the weekend.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
airhead said:
I have 2 decent picnic tables Im bringing along. I think that sounds like a plan about the stew, Ruairi!

My van is in at the moment getting the headlining fitted, and theyre putting insulation in behind it (rockwool) so it should be nice and toasty for the weekend.

Stew it is. George and I did his headlining there last week - it looks great I think. Ye'll see it at the weekend anyways. Insulation is always good - Wanda has almost none - I'm gonna be cold!!!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Lough-Na-Fooey.jpg

Lough Na Fooey in December

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
8)

My headlinings done!!! Vans all nice and toasty and looks much better. I still have to cover it in carpet, but at least I wont freeze this weekend! And.... It only cost me ?30!! I couldnt have done it myself for that price!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Early Friday night will be cold with frost in places. Temperatures will rise later in freshening southerly winds. Rain will develop also, turning persistent and occasionally heavy. On Saturday the rain will generally give way to bright periods and showers, some of which will heavy across Ulster. Winds by then fresh westerly, with highest temperatures of 10 to 12 degrees. Saturday night will be cold, with showers chiefly affecting Ulster and western fringes. Temperatures will dip to as low as 1 or 2 degrees in places, however the fresh westerly winds will help keep frost at bay. Sunday will see outbreaks of rain in the east, with scattered showers elsewhere, though they could turn wintry in places. It will be cold, with the strong northwest wind, keeping temperatures in the single figures. Sunday night will be cold everywhere, with a widespread frost. Monday will be bright and showery, with showers mainly affecting Ulster, but again some of these showers could turn wintry in nature. It will be another cold day with temperatures again only in the single figures.

vdubber

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
June 5, 2007
Cork
best of luck guys,

i wonder if the balls will be so big when ye come back.
:oops:

fair play to ye.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Well the weather was shite. It was very windy, there was rain, sleet and hailstones, and it was freezing, but myself, Ruairi and Tom made a triangle out of the 2 vans and Toms beetle (which he slept in!!), had a barbeque, a few drinks and listened to some music. It was good craic and a great location. We were talking about the idea of doing the same trip in summer. Would be great craic. Its a shame more people didnt show up this time and that it was raining so much. In the morning I had a flat battery cause we were sitting in my van with the interior light and radio on but I got a jumpstart, put the barbeque in the van and set off.

vdubber

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
June 5, 2007
Cork
excellent!!!

i am very impressed, well done guys.

i was listerning to the wind last night, was fearful.

the forcasters were telling people not to walk on cliffs etc the weather was so awful.

respect.

8)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
It was too wet for the cameras!!! Best nights sleep I've had in ages - seriously - I had 10 duvets and the roof clamped down tight and I was rocked to sleep - slept like a log. The drive home was the most I have laughed in ages!!! I was blown clean over the wrong side of the road a few times - a real buzz.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Mad Max said:
It was too wet for the cameras!!! Best nights sleep I've had in ages - seriously - I had 10 duvets and the roof clamped down tight and I was rocked to sleep - slept like a log. The drive home was the most I have laughed in ages!!! I was blown clean over the wrong side of the road a few times - a real buzz.
I know the feeling! I went through the edge of a Tornado in Kansas with roadcow about 4 years ago at 1:00 am in the morning! I could see the wall of rain coming toward me it was intense at first but a real hoot when I figured the bus wouldn't be lifted. Slammed me from one side of he road to the other faster than you could blink! I have to admit after that I did pull over to wait it out. :oops: But after the rush I slept like a baby.