Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

December 8th 2007 :: Lough Na Fooey - The Big Balls Campout

L

lock5

:D :D sounds great but im DOSED :roll: :( :( its the worst in, jesus, 11 years im hot and freezing all the time non stop coughin and splutterin etc so this is another excursion ill have to pass up (again) but at least ill not be passing it on to anyone hope youve a great time

:greenbeetle: :bluebeetle:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
One week to go till we freeze our fucking balls off. I can't wait. I'm bringing two friends - Jack and Jim - I hope no-one minds :lol:

317.jpg

Jim%20Bean%20White.jpg

Tom - are ye going or not? Get drunk and forget about yer worries - it is the Irish way.

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO BRING SOME MEAT FOR THE BBQ AND SOME TURF OR WOOD FOR THE FIRE :) YEEHAAAAAAA

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
unfortunately i'm doubtful for this now

with the change of date i forgot to check one thing, my lifesaving class is up for examination on that night so i'll have to stick around.

nowever i am doing a mock exam this weekend and if they aren't ready for it i'll be there. I'll let ye know monday.

I know i'm going to freeze my balls off but its only 1 night!!

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
The best job for a camping fire is a few firelighters, a couple of logs and dry twigs and a load of coal! It burns a lot hotter than wood and lasts a lot longer. There's also not nearly as much smoke. You can use smokeless coal too which is even hotter and theres absolutely no smoke. You only need a little bit so if anyone has a fireplace at home, bring a small bag of coal and we'll all be toasty.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
airhead said:
The best job for a camping fire is a load of coal!

Nooooooooooooooooooo :shock:

Number 1 it is poisonous. Number 2 it is dirty. Number 3 it is dangerous. Number 4 it does not decay after we leave. Number 5 it is just wrong!!!!

Wood or turf!!!! :lol:

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
It sounds like Ross is ready for live in the wilderness with his fire lighters and bag of coal :) Where you not in the scouts Ross :?: or is that the way the foxrock scouts did it :?: :?:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Foxrock scouts had a super ser! :lol:

Im telling you many a time I went camping and used coal on the fire. Just a little bit was all that was needed to have a roaring fire with plenty of heat. So OK yeah a bit dangerous but we wont be using an entire bag!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Still myself, Ross, George, and Richie confirmed for this, with Tom at about 70% likely to go.

I was out looking at the BBQ last night - it is beginning to take on a kinda ratlook style for itself being left out in the Galway rain all the time. Anyways I got to thinking (I sound like yer one out of Sex and the City now) that maybe it would be best to stick to more traditional camping foods considering the time of year. If anyone is interested I am happy to make either a big pot of Guinness stew or my speciality traditional Irish curry. The curry is always popular - I use "chip shop" curry sauce with big lumps of meat (pork usually, but chicken is good), onions, apples, and peas, all served on a bed of good old fashioned white non-stick boiled rice. It is not healthy, but god damn it is tasty. A bit of soup then for starters and some tea and biccies for desert and we are sorted foodwise. Jack and Jim will provide the entertainment and my awning will provide the shelter if required. Airhead can make the fire using bits of old flint and some wet sticks just to annoy him :)

bcscgg.jpg