Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

December 8th 2007 :: Lough Na Fooey - The Big Balls Campout

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Date (NOTE CHANGE OF DATE)

Saturday 8th December 2007.

Time

When you get there. I'll be there about 3 to get set up before dark.

Plan

I'll bring a big gas BBQ and if we all bring some wood or turf we can make a nice big fire and have some dinner and stuff. If anyone from Dublin or thereabouts wants to stay in my gaf the night before feel welcome. It will be bloody freezing on this lake - it is high altitude and 20 days before Christmas!! Bring lots of warm clothes and whiskey :)

Venue

Lough Na Fooey in Connemara - here there is an inland beach with easy parking (on grass, but sandy grass so you won't get stuck) and the nearest house is about 300 meters away and is usually vacant (holiday home). You can swim there and there are brown trout (out of season now). It is here - click here (switch to satellite view to see the beach). It is magnificent and 6 or 7 vans would fit in there with plenty of room. It is close to Sligo and Galway so good for a few people on here.

Directions

finnylocmap.gif

Bring a map. It is not far from Clonbur, Leenane, or Lough Mask and Lough Corrib. Directions by Map24.com from Ballinrobe. Take the R334 for 3 miles. Take the R345 for 18 miles. Take the R226 for about 4 miles. Turn right onto local road for 3 miles. (If you bring a map you will find a quicker way - if you don't bring a map ring me and I'll have one).

Images

irl05_33.jpeg

nafooey.jpg

img_0138.jpg

irl05_34b.jpeg

lake.jpg

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Good man Tom - bring yer fishing rod (for pike - it would be illegal to fish for trout and I can't condone that - ummmmmmmm - yummy illegal trout - I mean legal pike)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
richiemack said:
Im confused about the date u said the 1st Dec and then u said 20 days before Xmas, which is it?

will you ever shut-up causing arguments - seriously - go back to bed until "the special bus" comes to collect you - you can pretend you work on it again :roll: :lol:

1st December - 25 days before Christmas

vdubber

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
June 5, 2007
Cork
question

question

sorry to lower the tone...but...

down here, brown trout means something other than a fish.

so to be swimming with lots of brown trout is not necessarily a good thing.

maybe it's just me.

have a good time guys.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Re: question

Re: question

vdubber said:
sorry to lower the tone...but...

down here, brown trout means something other than a fish.

so to be swimming with lots of brown trout is not necessarily a good thing.

maybe it's just me.

have a good time guys.

You only find that kind of brown trout in public swimming pools :lol:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
NOTE THE CHANGE IN DATE

Deckie - could you stick this on the homepage? If handy for ye. Would be nice to try and drum up some support for this as it will be an adventurous outing :lol:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
So far it is myself, Richie, Tom, Airhead maybe, and George maybe going on this. That is all the cool kids - anyone else want to join us? :)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Tom said:
not going

why not? i'll bring an awning for ye if ye have no vans left. or ye can sleep in the roof (or on the roof if ye like). it'll be grand craic.

the turnout here is looking dubious :) maybe this winter camping is not all it's cracked up to be. brrrr

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Good man - sure that will be 4 vans anyways - more then enough to form a wind barrier :lol:

I dunno if we are all going Friday Ross? Saturday would be enough I'd say!!! Ye can kip in my house Friday night if ye like. I'll try not to bring the attention of the cops onto your van this time :)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Sounds like a plan Ruairi. Means we can get down to the lake early while its still bright and get set up. Go out for a few pints in Galway on Friday night. It also means I wont end up stuck in the arse of nowhere on my own cause I couldnt find the lake.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Deal - cya then dude

I've just sent out an email to all forum members, so add you name if you can stand the cold!!!.....