Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Barretstown 2017

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Just got this mail
Are people interested?

Hi There,
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]This is Sinead Kelly, Programme Manager from Barretstown. I’m getting in contact with you as next week we have an Easter kids camp: April 7[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP]-13[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP][/SIZE] and the Theme is Beach Party.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We would love to have you and the Volkswagen vans and cars come down to camp on the Tuesday or Wednesday evening if you are available at all to bring the kids from the cottages to the Party.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I know it’s a bit late notice, so no worries if you can’t make it,[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Looking forward to hearing back from you,[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Best Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Sinead[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Sinead Kelly[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Programme Manager

​​​​​​
[/FONT][/FONT]

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'd be on for it but Tuesday 11th is tied up. Wednesday 12th should be fine for me :)

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I'll be in France, would have loved to be at this, been ages since we we're at Barretstown.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'm only 50/50 on the Wednesday too BTW, I'm due to be way out the west coast on Tuesday night and it would be a bit of a squeeze to get back home in time for a change of vehicle to get to Barretstown on time.

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Have a read below
Any opinions preferred dates?

There's weekend evening in there which is a first

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We are gearing up for the summer here at Barretstown and we would love if you guys would like to get involved again with your awesome Volkswagen Vans and Cars![/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Below is a list of some dates we will have our Party nights on that may work for you all:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 2- Saturday 1[SIZE=-1][SUP]st[/SUP] July, Sunday 2[SIZE=-1][SUP]nd[/SUP][/SIZE] July[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 3- Friday 14[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP] July[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 5- Saturday 5[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP], Sunday 6[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP][/SIZE] August[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 6- Friday 18[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP] August[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]It would be the same plan as last summer, arriving for 7pm and bringing the campers for a drive around the Barretstown grounds, ending up back at the Theatre.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Please get back to me at your earliest convenience when you have talked to everyone.[/FONT]

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Lads I can't commit to any of those dates just yet.

Pick a date, I'll do my best to work around it closer to the time when I know the date.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Nice one Trev

Anyone else interested.
Will I tell them we can't help out?

Cheers

I'm like Trev, I'd be up for any dates unless im out of the country. They're the best dates so far in the time we've been doing this and they should suit most members being weekends.

How about we put a list together? We need someone to drive this for 2017. Any takers to lead this? Come on folks,

1: Trev
2: Coxy
3: Mikey (not 100% sure until dates are confirmed)
4:
5:
6:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Have a read below

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We are gearing up for the summer here at Barretstown and we would love if you guys would like to get involved again with your awesome Volkswagen Vans and Cars![/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Below is a list of some dates we will have our Party nights on that may work for you all:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 2- Saturday 1[SIZE=-1][SUP]st[/SUP] July, Sunday 2[SIZE=-1][SUP]nd[/SUP][/SIZE] July[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 3- Friday 14[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP] July[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 5- Saturday 5[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP], Sunday 6[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP][/SIZE] August[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Session 6- Friday 18[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP] August[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]It would be the same plan as last summer, arriving for 7pm and bringing the campers for a drive around the Barretstown grounds, ending up back at the Theatre.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Please get back to me at your earliest convenience when you have talked to everyone.[/FONT]

How about we put a list together? We need someone to drive this for 2017. Any takers to lead this? Come on folks,

4:
5:
6:

Let's get this moving people. We need feedback, good and bad. Silence doesn't help us at all so with that in mind, can people respond and give us some feedback please?

Reactions: RattyOval

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006

4:
5:
6:

Let's get this moving people. We need feedback, good and bad. Silence doesn't help us at all so with that in mind, can people respond and give us some feedback please?

Lets hear ya

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Made the trip down before and it was brilliant. Fantastic people doing fantastic work and the kids loved the old yokes. (The vw's, not the owners)
I will definitely get down again this year, just not sure which dates will suit.
Saturdays or Sundays are probably better.. drive down at your leisure and make a day trip out of it.

1 trev
2 coxy
3 mikey
4 stumpy

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Have a read below

Ok, well, we're not getting any response from you all to the dates listed so what if we pick 2 dates and run with those? Would that be easier for people to comment on and hopefully commit to?

Saturday July 1st:
1: Coxy
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Saturday August 5th:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

If you are available for either dates or perhaps even both then please add your name. If you have a valid point that will help progress this please add it otherwise we're flogging a dead horse here. We also need to revert to Barretstown advising them if we can or cannot do this.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
This was brought up at the last Kilkenny meet. I'd say you're right just to pick a date and roll with it Coxy.

It's a LOT of fun and extremely rewarding to see the kids reaction. As a club and as individual members I would ask that people please try to support these events.

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Can't do July 1st as we'll be @ European Bug In. (Castlewellan is on the same day too...)

Good to go for August 5th.

Saturday July 1st:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Saturday August 5th: