Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Everyone loves an optimist!! It's a complete shot in the dark but all you need to do is rouse one unsuspecting owner and you're quids in ;)

"I'll take that split beetle out of your way for scrap value. Sure nobody wants them, the windows are too small to see out of" :ROFLMAO:

oldspeedvws

Club Member
Club Member
January 22, 2007
Carrigaline, Co Cork
www.oldspeedvws.com
At least he is smart enough to put his ad as "For Sale" instead of "Wanted", due to the setup of DoneDeal I would say Wanted ads get very few hits.

By the way anyone found out who bought the 1959 RHD blue beetle from DoneDeal? Eager to make an offer on this car and tip of new owner of this car is appreciated and willing to pay "finders fee" if I would be successful in purchasing that beetle. Just to explain why I am so interested in this car; beetles between August 1957 and August 1959 feature the dashbord after the oval beetles and bigger rear window. While they still have features such as the oval type steering wheel, pull door handles (ice picks), 2 year only transparent sun visors etc. Such car (and then especially RHD) would complete my collection. As I already have a ragtop and a convertible I am looking at "regular" beetles only. I have numerous "extras" waiting for a car like this such as a full set of 356A brakes, Judson supercharger, BOSCH fog light, dash clock etc. Anyway, all information appreciated.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
At least he is smart enough to put his ad as "For Sale" instead of "Wanted", due to the setup of DoneDeal I would say Wanted ads get very few hits.

By the way anyone found out who bought the 1959 RHD blue beetle from DoneDeal? Eager to make an offer on this car and tip of new owner of this car is appreciated and willing to pay "finders fee" if I would be successful in purchasing that beetle. Just to explain why I am so interested in this car; beetles between August 1957 and August 1959 feature the dashbord after the oval beetles and bigger rear window. While they still have features such as the oval type steering wheel, pull door handles (ice picks), 2 year only transparent sun visors etc. Such car (and then especially RHD) would complete my collection. As I already have a ragtop and a convertible I am looking at "regular" beetles only. I have numerous "extras" waiting for a car like this such as a full set of 356A brakes, Judson supercharger, BOSCH fog light, dash clock etc. Anyway, all information appreciated.

Did you ask the seller for the buyer's number?

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Sellers contact details are removed once the item is sold, you can still view the add via the link but no contact no.
There are other ways of finding out of course.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Not a bargain...but then again this isn't the Bargain thread! :)

But definitely a rare beauty...:)

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2137866

this one was in a pub carpark in Vicarstown, Co. Laois up until a couple of weeks ago. Probably weighed in by this stage...

Image054.jpg

walshe

Club Member
Club Member
August 3, 2009
athy
this one was in a pub carpark in Vicarstown, Co. Laois up until a couple of weeks ago. Probably weighed in by this stage...

Image054.jpg

i was in vicarstown the day that left, it was on the back of a recovery truck. didnt get the camera out quick enough but it headed out the stradbally road out of vicarstown. its a september 1970 to february 1971 dublin reg.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
well if it was on a recovery truck then hopefully it was saved. The scrap collectors wouldn't be so gentle!! ;)

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
I was down with a neighbour last week who has 2 fields full of cars 70-80 cars
all pre 82 only 1 Vw an early fasty tucked away in a shead,needless to say it's got my
name on it but he has 2 404's that could be bought cheap
enough if anyone is in need of parts for one.