Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Well done, and welcome to the 1964 Sea Blue Left Hand Drive One of a Kind in Ireland Club :)

There's already 2 of us in it!

philk

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Wexford
www.goldmedalsafetypadding.co.uk

philk

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Wexford
Nice car, well done. What plans have you for it?

Thanks lads
My plans are up in the air at the mo, get it back in the drive early next week is the main plan.
I took a good look at the car and first plan was 4inch narrowed beam, dropped spindles and black brm's -- then i drove it. I have to say, ive only ever driven lowered VW's and the ride in the 64 (un-lowered) was brilliant. If i compare it even to the marathon the ride was better. It did give me a touch of vertigo though. As i say i am in two minds now, i might just leave it as is for a while and then have a good think. There are some jobs that need doing but i might do them as and when thay really must be done and enjoy it for now

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
I'd drive it on stock suspension for a while, I'd say that you'd find it hard to go back... especially on Irish roads. I love having my bus at stock height.

philk

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Wexford
I'd drive it on stock suspension for a while, I'd say that you'd find it hard to go back... especially on Irish roads. I love having my bus at stock height.

I hear ya from the inside the car but from the outside its a different kettle of fish for me. I wonder if its just because 90% of magazine cars and busses are lowered that it has set such a trend that a stock ride looks wrong some how ?

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
That would be it alright.

While I like the look of them lowered, you forget what a comfortable car it is.

...though now I think of it, my bug was stock and it was nothing like the Bay, must be all the weight in the busses that make them float along.

I know..... :eek:fftopic:

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
Nice car, been to see it and it drives really well, couple of little jobs to be done but a really nice car.........................................................................so i bought it

Nice one philk....... You weren't bugless for long.........:D

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Oh jesus.................the thoughts of attacking that lovely little car with, a
power hacksaw and a welder........arrrgghhh....:stop::stop:

Step away from the vehicle....now:D

Lovely car, best of luck with it

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Give the kingpins a tweak if needed, make sure toe in, camber and shocks are right, have a decent set of tyres and you won't believe how well they ride and handle. You'll definitely think twice before moving away from stock. Dare to be different :)

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
4" beams are a nightmare, there's no fun in driving on them with the state of our roads, the leaves are too short and steering jittery.. ...IMHO. :D

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Jeez Antonys car didnt hang around, I was considering it myself (for Herself!) but didnt know he had it on the Deal already! Nice car! Well done Phil!

Regarding done deal, fook me is there some BS on the VW ads at the mo and the prices asked for some is unreal!!! I wont post the ads in case I offend owners!!!!

Last edited:

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Thats Anthony Bagenal has that for sale, I bought me beige 67 from him.

I was talking to the guy who restored the 67 for Anthony Bagenal recently, didn't realise it was the same car.

Congrats on the purchase Phil, looking forward to having a look if i spot it around town.