Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

Shea

October 15, 2010
Derry
He said the pics were taken today so it looks like it was in decent condition, was too late aswell even though I mailed him 16 minutes after it was up on donedeal :(

60bug

April 10, 2010
dublin
semaphores finished in mid 1960 on most european models . also that car is more than likely a '59 model assembled in early '60 at the dublin plant .

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
good to know :)

that beetle appears to be the first actual bargain on the "Bargains on Donedeal" thread ;)

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
That was so cool. If I only had the space and was quick enough. I would be nice to have an irish 60's bug and it looked completely original. There is somthing funny my 61 is an early model and does not have semaphors but still has the the small lights on the back. I think it originally had the small indicators on the front but donno were they were on the back?

matara

Club Member
Club Member
May 17, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Looks like that 60's bug has an original Dehne accessory fuel gauge, and there is an NOS one of these on thesamba for Euro2000. Sell the gauge and you get a free bug!

dehne.jpg

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Looks like that 60's bug has an original Dehne accessory fuel gauge, and there is an NOS one of these on thesamba for Euro2000. Sell the gauge and you get a free bug!

dehne.jpg

:eek:...does anyone want to ring the previous owner and inform him! I would love to see his face when he was told that the little fuel gauge was more expensive than the rest of the car he just sold! :)

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
jaysus
would you want the new owners number to make an offer?

I turned down a very large offer over asking on my oval after i made the deal, Still delighted i did
My dad thought i was mental(still does) as it was in his garage