Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

August 22nd 2009, Galway Swap Meet

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
swapmeetl.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
There is no charge for anything. All we are providing is a big tarmac carpark, a lit BBQ, some shelter if it rains, and directions for the run! The rest is up to ye guys. Bring stuff to swap, sell, giveaway, whatever. Bring vehicles to sell if you wish. Setup tables, or sell from your boot.

As is the tradition around here - ask not what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club. Just make yourself proud and have a good day :)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
We decided not to enforce members only for this as there is a huge VW community in Galway that are involved in another car club (Celtic Car Club or something like that). They have about 50 VWs between them and we are trying to root them out of the undergrowth. I also want the likes of Tom Lally (not a member), Eamonn Magpie (lapsed member), and other old fogies with original 1942 KDF type 1 artificial hips to turn up and maybe sell some of their loot.

However Dirty1 is well overdue his subs :)

I don't know Martin Murray very well, but will someone make it clear to him that he is welcome to turn up, welcome to set-up a stall, and there is no charge. If he does well out of the day he can donate a few quid to charity or something. Same goes for any "traders" who have bits to offload - if you know them well let them know.

We would like this to be the Swap Meet version of the Monard show if possible. It'll only happen if people make a big effort and help us out. No-one wants money for this and no-one is being greedy. Any costs involved are been covered by the two sponsor companies and Eircooled and in return we are getting feck all other than some kudos.

So make it happen people. I want this to be a big event. We have Strandhill as a "banker" club event every year. Lets make this the second one.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Oh and also - bring an aircooled car if you can obviously, but all interested folks are welcome regardless of their carriage.

mary72

July 28, 2007
woodstock, Galway
hi i live in galway and have room for lots of tents and parking for about 50 cars so if anyone wants to stay over i will get the bbq going. i will empty a press for the toffeepops. lol

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
I will be up, but not in a aircooled yoke as I cant fit a load of doors, gearboxes, wheels, possibly heater channels etc etc in the oval and expect it to get to Galway and back!

Ive some water cooled stuff, Mk1/2 golf bits plus loads of T4 stuff, dont suppose theres much point in bringing that??

Who knows, if I sell something I might even stump up for a membership!

beetle.jpg

Last edited:

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Ive some water cooled stuff, Mk1/2 golf bits plus loads of T4 stuff, dont suppose theres much point in bringing that??

Bring it on, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to advertise the swap meet on Vagdrivers and at the Vage show so I guess as long as things stay inside the VAG group it should be fine.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
What mkII parts do you have? not after anything in particular but might be if you have something interesting.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'll try to get there too, God knows I have a load of shite to offload!

However, from my own limited experience of swapmeets where you bring stuff (as opposed to arriving as a punter), you arrive in your vehicle, unpack your stuff onto the floor or a table if you're posh ;) and then stand behind it while people peruse your junk. You never get a chance to go pick over other people's junk because you're minding your own stuff.

I'm not trying to poke holes in the idea but can anyone suggest some kind of arrangement where you get to take a look at other people's stuff instead of babysitting your own hoard. I wouldn't be too worried about leaving a pile of my stuff unattended amongst people I know but if there are going to be a bunch of strangers there who just might not be as honest as you'd hope then it could raise some issues...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
What mkII parts do you have? not after anything in particular but might be if you have something interesting.

without meaning to hijack Tsar's post, Justin, I have a small pile of mk2 stuff and no mk2 to put it on ;) I'll PM you the list, there might be something you need