Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Anything comin up???

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
As a matter of interest is there any swap meets or anything planned for the near future?? its a slow time of year need something to look forward to.

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
I was thinking of a run from the Maldron Hotel in Portlaoise over the Slievebloom Mountains to Kinnity castle and back for sometime in the relatively near future. I would have to contact the castle first to tell them to keep the area in front of the hotel clear so we can park up and get some pictures. As a matter of interest, does anybody know if Kinnity Castle does meals? We could get a dinner or something there if they do. I must contact them and organise something.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I was thinking of a run from the Maldron Hotel in Portlaoise over the Slievebloom Mountains to Kinnity castle and back for sometime in the relatively near future. I would have to contact the castle first to tell them to keep the area in front of the hotel clear so we can park up and get some pictures. As a matter of interest, does anybody know if Kinnity Castle does meals? We could get a dinner or something there if they do. I must contact them and organise something.

http://www.kinnittycastle.com/

http://www.kinnittycastlehotel.com/

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Well, you wouldn't get anyone at this hour anyway!

I actually threw those 2 sites up because they make for interesting reading.......well, the bitchy bits anyway!

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
Well, you wouldn't get anyone at this hour anyway!

I actually threw those 2 sites up because they make for interesting reading.......well, the bitchy bits anyway!

Reminds me of a website that was done for a business in Thurles. After it was completed the business had a disagreement with the designers about the invoice and wrote them a nasty letter refusing to pay.
The web designers replied with a letter posted instead of the front page on the website. Anyone who looked for this business was greeted by the letter. It wasn't long before it was sorted.........:D

mac

Club Member
Club Member
Ahh Tony that would be class get a gang to hop on the ferry hit the show and mosey are way back ! Could be worth a look .
As for the swap meet I think it would be a great idea - I've loads to off load . Maybe a BBQ - I would offer mine but I think it will be taken the wrong way ?

ex-2cv-er

November 3, 2006
Tipp North
www.type2ireland.org
As a matter of interest is there any swap meets or anything planned for the near future??

I'm looking into organising a swapmeet / informal show & shine with overnight camping / BBQ for those who want to, in Clonmel, sometime during March/April

Have been offered a huge shed for our use (pics of said shed on T2i)...and the same venue hosts an Indoor Craft Market and a Car Boot sale on the Sunday, to keep non-VW family members amused.

Would welcome all ideas, input etc

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I'm looking into organising a swapmeet / informal show & shine with overnight camping / BBQ for those who want to, in Clonmel, sometime during March/April

Have been offered a huge shed for our use (pics of said shed on T2i)...and the same venue hosts an Indoor Craft Market and a Car Boot sale on the Sunday, to keep non-VW family members amused.

Would welcome all ideas, input etc

That'd be cool, I was thinking of doing something in Dublin. Although I've no access to land, space or time at the moment.
It would be good to get something in the Wicklow area.