Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] 70's beetle radio (non working is fine)

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Hey guys. Gettin the car ready for the show in monard next weekend. I'm lookin for an old 70's beetle radio to just put into the slot. It doesn't need to work, I wont be wiring it up, I just want it to fill the gap where the radio normally is. It means though, inorder to have it in time for the show it needs to be in the dublin area for collection, or if some1 is goin on the run on sat I could collect it from them on the Sat. I dont need one that works so not prepared to part with too much dosh. I have that black plastic border thingy to surround the radio already.
Hope some1 can help me out :)

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Ok, it turns out that the radio I got my hands on didn't fit. I'd say its just coz its from an early type 2. Would anyone else be able to help me out?

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Hehe, so easy to have so many come backs to that statement, hehe!

So I've a few measurements for you and I hope this makes sense. The hole which is in the metal behind the plush dash is 5cm x 18cm (for the back of the radio), the hole which is wider in the plush dash is 6.6cm x 20cm. I have a face plate for it at the moment, and it has a kinda border plate for the radio/faceplate which i believe the old radios need to border around the radio. The border hole of that to go around the face of the radio is 6cm x 19.5cm, That border thingy is not attached to the dash so it doesn't need to be used necessarily. I hope that makes some bit of sense?

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Brendan was offering a radio there a while back, haven't a clue how big his one is though...;)

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
I reckon Justin will know someone who has exactly what you are looking for stashed away in their attic in mint condition (probably a relative) but unfortunately won't be able to sell or lend...........

Them's the breaks...................

:D

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
OK, I've stopped sniggering so here I go........I have a one that may be a little too small for your hole but I'll bring it on Saturday and you can decide whether you want to slip it in or not but don't blame me if you find it's bangin around in there cuz it's too small. You could always stuff the back of your hole to stop the rattles!!!!