Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

6th January 2007 :: Club Launch

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Map to Clonbur: http://www.eircooled.com/Images/Maps/clonbur.PNG

Burkes Pub: http://www.burkes-clonbur.com/index.htm

McWilliam Park Hotel: http://www.mcwilliamparkhotel.ie/

Ross (Airhead) & I will be leaving Galway at about 12.30 if anyone wants to do a convoy from there? We could meet in Claregalway at about 1pm where the N18 (from the South/Limerick/Cork) and the N17 combine. It is very easy to find. Or we could meet in Oranmore (on the N18/N6 junction) either and take a more scenic route to Clonbur through the city and out by Lough Corrib. If you are interested let us know anyway.

2cv

I'll join you in the convoy! I was thinking of taking the scenic route myself so.... Oranmore or Claregalway, doesn't matter really... Let me know where to meet you guys...

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
There will be a convoy along the N17 travelling from Sligo to Claremorris and then on to Hollymount, Ballinrobe, Cong and Clonbur (An Fhairche!)

So far it is looking like these folk will be going along 8)

Claire, Molly and Harry- Orange bay camper :T25:
Tom - Yellow Karmann Ghia :karman:
Edel, Ruairi, & Lucy - Burgundy bay camper :combi2:

Dave +1 - 2cv :irish:
Eamonn - black bug :blackbeetle:
Airhead & Andrea - Black/silver T25 Syncro van/camper :T25:

Brendan - orange bug :cabrio:
Joe & Mary :T25:
Declan +1 - silver bug :whitebeetle:
Sean & Mary - orange bay camper :T25:

about 19 folk and 10 vehicles!!! so far......I hope the weather is good for us 8)

There are a few more who have yet to decide but these are the definites so far 8)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
A few more folk have been in touch this evening to say they will be going along too...not sure what they'll be driving though :)

Burkes in Clonbur are looking forward to having us. There will be the usual selection of snacks for whatever people feel like...be it soup and a roll, sandwiches etc or just tea and a bun as Ruairi has said previously :lol:

Dinner will be at 6:30 in the McWilliam Park Hotel in Claremorris. It will be nice to arrive there ahead of that time and have time to relax and have a chat beforehand. 8)

Looking forward to it now 8)

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
launch

launch

CANNOT MAKE IT - Julie(15) is going to France for six weeks and Ann and I are taking her out so we'll be in Nice for the launch - really gutted but that life

I've spoken to Sean and Mary Allan and they've nothing on and will be there.

If I can find an internet cafe I'll check the site and send a message.

SHUGGIE

CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PHOTOS.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Regarding the convoy from Galway - Ross and I will be in Oranmore parked outside the Subway cafe (across from Supermacs at the southern end of the village) at 12.30. Just take the last ever left off the N18, or left at the first roundabout at the end of the N18, or left at the next roundabout after you join the N6 dual carriageway into Galway city (the same roundabout is the junction of the N17 with the N6). They are all signposted Oranmore. Then just drive through the village till you see our two vans parked up. My phone number is 087 2960066 - let me know here if I should wait for you!! So far just 2CV Dave is joining us? If you are coming from Dublin this is a good way to come also. Whatever suits.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
I think that there should be ourselves, Eamonn, Brendan, Sean & Mary,, Joe & Mary and Deckie and maybe some others going the other direction...

Surely there are a few more aircooled cars and drivers in the Galway area... :lol: :lol:

2cv

Disaster struck last night :( There's a minor problem with the 2Cv at the moment, the gear linkage went on it :? I've taken the car to Clonakilty where it's now awaiting repair. I should have the part later on this afternoon so it can be fitted this evening. If all goes well I should still be able to make it in the 2CV. Will keep you updated!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
jaysus - we can't have an all VW affair!!! very bad publicity!! claire - you are going to have to get your bambino going tonight!!!! :)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Change of plan on the convoy from Galway. Airhead couldn't make it tonight so he is going direct tomorrow and I just got a call from a guy who is going to sandblast my wheels in the morning, so I will not be able to leave that early (will still be there at 3 though). 2cv - will you be ok doing a one car convoy!! :)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Will meet up with most of ye in Clonbur then so.....there are a fiar few meeting us here at our place and convoying onand picking up Deckie27 in Claremorris to continue to Clonbur!!!!

See all you eircooled folk tomorrow then 8)

2cv

Car fixed last night! Made it up to Galway no problem! Will see you all in Clonbur at 3 so :)

Ruairi, looks like it's not going to be an all vw affair after all :)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
A great day was had by all :) :) :) :) :)

It was great to meet up with folk like Declan, Nora, Joe, Mary, Dave, Colm, and of course there was ourselves the four Roberts were there and Eamonn, and Edel, Ruairi and Lucy....Airhead also made it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: and Andrea :)

16 folk and 8 vehicles...all airooled except Airhead's watercooled syncro yoke :wink: ...but all definitley eircooled!!!!! 8)

and there will soon be pix :wink: